3 LMRBT or 1 Baneblade(or variants) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 LMRBT or 1 Baneblade(or variants)

Building up towards 6000 points of apoc (doubles, 3000 points each) and I was thinking whether 3 Russes (Vanilla w/ Hbolter Sponsons) would outgun one Baneblade (or one of its variants).

I feel I have too few armored unit in my 3000 points part of our team (currently it is at 3 Russes, 1 Hellhammer, 3 Basilisks, 1 Chimera) and need some advice on how to proceed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek92 View Post
    Building up towards 6000 points of apoc (doubles, 3000 points each) and I was thinking whether 3 Russes (Vanilla w/ Hbolter Sponsons) would outgun one Baneblade (or one of its variants).

I feel I have too few armored unit in my 3000 points part of our team (currently it is at 3 Russes, 1 Hellhammer, 3 Basilisks, 1 Chimera) and need some advice on how to proceed.
    I would go baneblade. It spits out alot of death all around.
    Or shadowsword, as the D template spells death to everything - Try to find that on other things that aren't titans / silly.
    with 3x twin linked hb's for giggles and 2x lascannons to chip away at shields etc.
    I would say the super heavies are more resilient. well, that's my experience of them anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

I agree with stayscrunchyinmilk. I dont played a Baneblade myself, but one of my friends did it and I am still impresed by the way the oponent reacted amasing most of the resources on that flank of the board. A squadron of LRBTs is weaker and a Baneblade can move at the same speed and still fire all the weapons.

On the other hand you can to try some Vendettas and/or Chimeras, it I think that you need to improve the transport capacity.
    "The only valid test is combat; the only valid result is victory"
    Ardak Kumerian, Klingon Admiral.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Normally I'd recomend the russes, as you'd be better off getting something that yu'll use in more than just the occasional apocalypse game, however you already have a formidable heavy support section including 3 russes, so go with the baneblade.

If you have any second thoughts just pick up the 10" blast template, they'll disappear very fast indeed.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually at the moment I only own 1 russ and one Baneblade and the 3 basilisks, so essentially I either buy 2 more russes or 1 more Baneblade/Stormlord. I realize will use the Russes more in casual games but this tournament is going to be... epic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would go with baneblade, or hellhammer, honestly. Can't go wrong with the 10 inch blast or anything.
    Why.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek92 View Post
    Actually at the moment I only own 1 russ and one Baneblade and the 3 basilisks, so essentially I either buy 2 more russes or 1 more Baneblade/Stormlord. I realize will use the Russes more in casual games but this tournament is going to be... epic
    In that case go with the russes.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope that those 3 Russes prove to be better off than the one Hellhammer im using

I Expect the Inquisition RecklessFable's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    210 (x5)

Baneblades are fun. I mean, rolling barnhouse of smack, fun.

Russes in Apoc don't have to be deployed near each other, so in a way they can be more survivable. They also lay a little more pain against infantry. The power move is probably the Russes for the three seperate battlecannons.

However, there is probably a better choice. Something like an Executioner and two striped LRBTs.
    RecklessFable's Journey to Mediocrity (Painting an IG army)
    I've been addicted to World of Tanks lately and neglecting my IG... But it is so... much... fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

my tactics deal with 3 leman russ tanks over a baneblade, but the baneblade is a case of whoop A$$. so its a give and take. the one thing to it the baneblade is 1 target so it does soak up a lot of fire power. now with the 3 leman russ tanks you can spread out and hit an opponent on multiple sides. also with basilisk you can really throw them a beating.
    I am an Indestructible master of War.

+ Reply to Thread