a quick question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a quick question

ok so i figured the imperial guard is the army for me. I know the infantry if deadly when massed and our tanks kick A** but i have a way to collect my army. I want to mass infantry, just total mass, i was thinking about 200 guardsmen, and about 3- 4 tanks, and the command squad etc etc. The armies my frieds have is tau, chaos eldar and orks, will mass infantry work in this situation?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    169 (x4)

yes. i do it, though i use sentinels instead of tanks, it works rather well; especially since most people's metagame is gearing towards anti-mech due to the increasing number of ig mech lists being used. (at my club, one day 4 games were played, 6 of the 8 players had IG and i was the only one not mech just to give you an idea of how bad it is in some areas).
    sheer numbers of infantry squads and command squads is viable, there's just a ton of firepower in it, and orders buffs each unit a good amount.

posted my list a few days ago, here's a link to it so you can see an example of how mass infantry works.
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-humanity.html

depending on the mission and opponent, you might not want to combine squads like i have in my pictures shown, simply to increase the number of targets your opponent has to go after and decrease the amount of troops caught in enemy assault charges.

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

Took me a while to find it but heres another strong infantry massed list with some tanks as well:

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ath-korps.html

Hope you have fun playing the Imperial Guard

+ Reply to Thread