dark angels shooty army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dark angels shooty army

hello all im getting back into 40k and thinking about a dark angels army....my question can they be an effective shooty army....if not is there any chapter that would be better aside from going vanilla? also would it be considered okay if i painted a dark angels styled army (meaning adding the robes and other conversion work.) and ran them as a regular space marine army out of the space marine codex ?

Last edited by norrell; July 1st, 2009 at 11:00.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no opponent would mind if you had cool converted space marines with simple robes and hoods. it would be a nice change.
    PS throw in some Black Templar weapons; they own.

Dark Angels are really bad if you go deathwind or ravenwing compared to the advantages that you get with SS on the termies and the fact that vanilla marines can take mounted assault so ravenwind is like bad

So by all means go into a SM army with convertd models

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my question can they be an effective shooty army
    Yes

if not is there any chapter that would be better aside from going vanilla?
    Black Templars can have 2 heavy weapons in a 5 man terminator squad whereas all the other chapters can only have one. 3 Terminator sqauds plus some terminator command squads each with 2 heavy weapons could dish out a lot of firepower. I wouldn't say they were necessarily better but they provide quite a change from the regular marine armies.

also would it be considered okay if i painted a dark angels styled army (meaning adding the robes and other conversion work.) and ran them as a regular space marine army out of the space marine codex ?
    As long as you informed your opponent before the game it would be fine.

+ Reply to Thread