Deathwing-Ravenwing tactics against Necrons? Need help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deathwing-Ravenwing tactics against Necrons? Need help

hey guys, i've been encountering Necrons a lot lately on the battlefield with my Deathwing-Ravenwing army of about 2000 pts, and i have no other experience against them. They would often run a C'Tan and a Monolith, and that monolith really is laying down area denial against my flank assaults. Any suggestions? I have a dread in a drop pod, Belial, Sammael (land speeder), 3 term squads (one with TH's), Land Raider Crusader, RW attack squadron, and 2 land speeders at my disposal. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I can think of is just getting into their warriors as fast as you can, I know it'll be hard, but with what you have that's all I can think of, what I will say is that Sammael with his jetbike and portable plasma cannon you can kill quite a bit of stuff
    I serve my master and do as he wants. He wants the badlands, thus they will be his.
    -Shriva the Damned

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

First I'd recommend steling a list from bolter and chainswords hallowed hall of heroes for DA (that's what I do, and twist it my own way; I'd give you a link but dont unfortunatley dont go there enough to remember the link).

Second: Necron tactics 101

Get into combat with them and fast. Ignore the monolith as it doesn't go down easily. Shoot the C'tan with lascannons, ML's, and assault cannons (despite high toughness they only have a 4+ save and go down easy).

Third: Dark Angels (recommendations really)

Don't outflank your ravenwing (unless they're not troops) as its not worth it. Your better off scouting forward, then your terminators can take advantage of the teleport homer the bikers have when they deathwing assault. When it comes to me I like giving all my DW squads Ass. cannons, a pair of LC, and a TH/SS (then again I ask people for permission to steal from the SM codex, very legal I suggest you try it to get termys with a 3+ invuln, and feel no pain apothecaries).

Unfortunatley that's all my dead brain can come up with withotu sleep . If you'd like more I'll be back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get them into close combat ASAP. If you get first turn you can scout move forward then deathwing assault 2 squads close to them on turn one and forgo shooting to run forward.

Necrons have very little low AP weapons so they will struggle with the terminators. They will get a good round off shooting at you, kill a few models and then in turn 2 you should be close enough for an assault.

With no power weapons, no fearless and the WBB rule they should fold pretty quick. If you can charge 2 warrior squads at one go for it.

The C'tan is nasty in CC but can only do so much damage on his own, if you can try to avoid him, he's slow. If you can't avoid him, try not to let too many squads get into combat.
    The Monolith has limited firepower for it's points, ignore it.

Look to see if he has a lord with an resurrection orb. New fifth edition rules require him to be in a squad if he wants to avoid enemy gun fire. Charge that squad first and force them to consolidate outside 6 inches from the supporting squads. If anyone gets into base to base with the lord attack him first. Once the orb in gone the army will crumble under power fists and power weapons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ignore the C'tan and Monolith, get his necron special rule units and phase him out.
    Remember, points spent on a C'tan are points NOT spent on necrons.
    Marines - All built, 4/5 painted. Tau - 3/4 built, 0 painted. 'crons - 1/2 built, 1/2 painted.
    I suck at staying on task.

+ Reply to Thread