my vanguard veterans - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

my vanguard veterans

this is my squad of vanguard veterans with jump packs. starting with the sergeant.

Sgt. relic blade and bolt pistol
    1 power fist and bolt pistol
    2 power axe and plasma pistol
    3 chain sword and plasma pistol
    4 chain sword and bolt pistol
    5 chain sword and bolt pistol

I am an Indestructible master of War.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

I like the poses , very dynamic.

I think vanguards are an under estimated unit, they definitely serve as a great close combat deterrent if you're more of a shooter ,and they're a great asset to support close combat squads if you're more of an assault type. I think their close combat option really helps to cut cost ; Instead of a Ss/Th terminator unit you can invest in a cheaper vanguard squad with a couple storm shields, a relic blade and lightning claw; You gain a bit more versatility and range (i guess).

Not so sure about the plasma pistols though , but then again i fail miserably on "Gets hot" rolls & saves so i tend to stay away from those. The jump packs are a bit expensive also , if you have a tactic that revolves around jump pack , then i guess it doesn't matter , wouldn't fit my strategies though.

Anyways , good work!
    Last edited by seismic; July 3rd, 2009 at 02:41.
    "The things that appear are a vision of the unseen"
    -Anaxagoras of Clazomenae

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

thank you for your remarks. as im sure you can see they are black templars so assault is my middle name and they work out very well. ive never got a hot shot from a plasma weapon but i know one day itll happen and that will suck. they are a little then termies but comes down to it the termies a better in some way but the vanguard has an upper hand on many other things. like speed, quicker assault ability, and more opitions on weapons. so its a give and take.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Only two power weapons? Aww, those poor marines aren't as loved as their brothers
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

3 really. the relic blade is a power weapon thats gives a +2 S.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really like them, love the poses. If you have the time and the inclination, i would go round some of the edges with a grey highlight, and possible fill in the moving bits behing the knees (the tubey looking bits, i have no idea what theyre called. obviously) with some silver to devide the model a bit, giving some clear definitions. other than that, what a fantasticly dynamic looking unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

there is more i want to do with them. i wanna add some silver chains to there arms and connect it to the bolt pistols to give that you can have my bolter when you can pry it from my cold dead fingers effect. i was also thinking about painting the chest plate silver to make more elite than the other black templars. i cant use gold because that is what i use for the artificer armor. i dont do any high lighting really because, that is a skill im not the best at. some my stuff i high lighted turned out to dark, or sometimes its to light. i just cant find the middle ground with me. so i go with painting other areas like the chest plate to break up the all black. i got minis that give a person shock and ah with out doing that high light bs too.

any who thank you for the commets. i do like to hear hear the good thinks and sometimes the bad. i will point out though that is the number one thing i get commets for is how i can get the really cool poses out of my minis. so thanks again.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Oh yeah, some how my eyes only saw 5, and 3 chain weapons. Too much screen time today I think :/
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey mate. Well, i love the idea of the chains, that does sound proper elite. And yeah, why not include silver for the breastplate. Personally, for silver, i do some dark undercoats of tin bits over black and then drybrush with gradual highlights, but thats jus me. My army has been taking a very long time to paint, 4 models all half done in a week
    For highlights, i no u didnt ask for advice, but if u do want to highlight black, id suggest either a dark blue, or a dark grey, with then a lighter blue or lighter grey, leaving some of the darker colour underneath, just on the edges. Then maybe some white, ever so slightly. that way it wont be too dark or too light. But thats only if u have the patience and time, which most of the time i wish i didnt tbh lol. Sounds obvious, but for the little details like highlights and eyes, use a thin brush. Years of messing up experience for me through the fatal flaw of almost using the right brush. hope that helps if u do ever decide to go for painting highlights. Dont worry if u dont, they looked wicked as they are

+ Reply to Thread