thunderer siege tank and destroyer tank hunter - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

thunderer siege tank and destroyer tank hunter

this is my thunderer siege tank and destroyer tank hunter. i both of the tanks are ww2 german StuG III Ausf. G with custom barrels.i did both of them with the extra armor upgrade. that what the side panels. the snub nosed gun is the demo cannon and the long barreled cannon is a laser destroyer. simple and cheap.

I am an Indestructible master of War.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

needs more work

To be honest they don't look 40k yet. At the moment it just looks like a 1/35th scale tamiya kit. Try adding some more trappings from the russ/chimera tank accessories sprue or getting some aquilla from forge world or something. Perhaps add a hunter killer missile and place a tank commander figure in the hatch. The tank vox aerials would also help. The barrels themselves are a little on the thin side (i mean the edges of the tube) which makes them look a little flimsy. Can you get anything to use as a muzzle? With the painted numbers etc I would stick to decals as it is much easier to achieve a neat finish. The writing on the side doesn't seem to fit. with a tank hunter, if you can see the side chances are you are about to blow him up as he is at a huge disadvantage.

I do like the idea of having a destroyer on the battle field. We don't usually play forgeworld rules around my games but I am still tempted to convert a chimera (lower profile than a russ).

Just my thoughts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

the barrels may look flimsy but dont be fooled. the destroyers barrel is a copper tube and the other barrel that is on the thunderer aluminum. they dont look as tough online as they do in person. the idea with the saying on the side is i use the destroyer tank hunter for armored ambush. most likely you will hear the tank, you will start to look and by then your dead. also with the long range is has you hear a shot before youll probably see it or be in range of it.

good note about the numbers though for some reason they did turn out big. i do vehicle numbers bigger then infantry but the 2 tanks you see here are a little big. also thanks for the imput on the not looking to 40k like. ill hit the workshop and see what i can do. im not going to add a TC though because i want that buttoned up look. that is what we called it in the army. that is when all hatches are sealed and what not. i think a hunter killers missle would be good for the thunderer, so i might get a first shot without waiting to getting in range.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

well here they are. i also did a pic of the destroyer tank hunter vs an ork gun wagon. then i also did the thunderer siege tank with close infantry support by the 7th rangers. i hope they look better now. i think they do but im sure as time rolls on ill add more parts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too like that buttoned up look. I know I wouldn't be sticking my head out during the heat of battle.

With the barrels I didn't mean they actually were flimsy, just the look. anyway that is quite minor.

How about sticking a dozer blade on the front?

Also I was looking at my russ and I noted how the wheels are totally obscured behind armor. That might help with the 40k'iness of it.

I think the German construction of tanks is actually to a higher quality aesthetically compared to imperial so maybe low fi it a bit (or maybe it is tamiya being better than games workshop).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

sorry i forgot one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah I'd say that was getting better, keep plugging away at it though.

PS a yellow melta gun? that guy must really wanna get shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

ill tell you what i like the forge world stuff but tamyia was $20 cheaper then the real deal forge world stuff and i think the tank you see here looks better. even though it could use a little bit more work to look 40k like, but the hard part about is i dont what make so many changes that what it loses what it was. it just seem to look more what a tank destroyer should look like. now the profile is lower then the leman russ but the leman has a turret. now it is also lower then the ork gun wagon you see there but the destroyer is wider and just a little longer.
    ----------
    well the chrome plasma gun is no better. i got the melta gun and plasma gun colors from the 3rd edition space marine codex. most of my stuff if from along time ago. most of it is from about 6 or 7 years before 4th edition and im starting to update to 5th.

oh i cant do a dozar blade for the destroyer. i dont have the stuff. anyway if i dont use a dozar blade the destroyer is a little cheaper and sense that is more of an open terrain tank thats a better bet.
    Last edited by jammer397; July 4th, 2009 at 04:06.

+ Reply to Thread