Predators - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Predators

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predators

I know it's probably been talked about before but what is the best all-round predator combo. I was thinking Twin linked Lascannon with heavy bolter sponsons. I don't like the all lascannon pred(IMO its overpriced and considering its AV, bad idea). Not sure how I feel about autocannon and heavy bolter sponsons, won't make it a huge target though.

cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

LC/2HB is probably the WORST combination, as they're for totally different targets. You wouldn't fire a lascannon against a horde, and heavy bolters are useless against tanks (well, anything the LC isn't going to insta-pop) so either way you're wasting fire.

LC/2LC is the anti-tank combo (albeit expensive and imo better replaced with a Land Raider)
    AC/2HB is the excellent anti-infantry combo, otherwise known as the dakkapred.
    AC/2LC is a good mid-price anti tank vehicle, with 4 shot (2xS7, 2xS9) it'll bust through most light tank squadrons like nobody's business.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    194 (x7)

Don't take heavy bolter sponsons on a Predator, always take the Lascannon sponsons. The best combinations are all lascannon or autocannon/lascannons.

~ DiW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x4)

I never take the all lascannon variant. I normally just take the AC/HB Predator for anti-infantry. Otherwise I go for the AC/LC one for a little extra anti-tank capability.
    "Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!"
    -This space for rent-
    Salamander project log

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

If I took a Predator, I would take the all Lascannon variant for some nice ranged anti-tank, or I would take the AC/HB variant for some more anti-infantry firepower. However, most of my lists are perfectly fine on the anti-infantry department (bolters, Assault Squads, etc.) so I tend not to take the Predator anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

Personally I don't think the TLAC/HB Preds are all that bad; it puts out a lot of 36" anti-infantry shooting for 85pts, especially considering it's an AV13 hull. Even the TLAC/2LC setup isn't so bad; sure you lose 4 shots a turn, but it can tackle light-medium vehicles extremely well at long range. I don't think I'd ever take an LC/2LC variant; I'd rather just fint the extra 95pts from somewhere and get me a LR with a Multimelta.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

194 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fugger View Post
    Personally I don't think the TLAC/HB Preds are all that bad; it puts out a lot of 36" anti-infantry shooting for 85pts, especially considering it's an AV13 hull. Even the TLAC/2LC setup isn't so bad; sure you lose 4 shots a turn, but it can tackle light-medium vehicles extremely well at long range. I don't think I'd ever take an LC/2LC variant; I'd rather just fint the extra 95pts from somewhere and get me a LR with a Multimelta.
    The Autocannon isn't twin-linked.

But I can see where you're coming from here, I can understand putting HB on an AC pred as then you have a LOT of anti-infantry power, I just don't understand why people would put them on LC preds.

~ DiW

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

But I can see where you're coming from here, I can understand putting HB on an AC pred as then you have a LOT of anti-infantry power, I just don't understand why people would put them on LC preds.
    For space marine armies, I can't imagine using the predator for anti tank. It's such a cheap anti infantry tank, that is by far it's best roll.

If you think about it, an attack bike with multi melta + Predator AC/HB is 135, less points than the 3 lascannon and far more durable and dangerous. The Predator is great for anti transport and infantry, while the attack bike goes after battle tanks.

Multiply the combo by 3x and you've got 80% of your anti tank handled, and 90% of your anti hoard needs. For only about 400 points.
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

FYI your not suppose to list point costs, might want to edit your post.

AC/HB Predators are great for taking out troops and is well priced
    AC/LC Predators are fairly decent at taking out armour while still a modest price
    TLLC/LC Predators while alittle high in point costs and not near as well armoured as a Land Raider is still a good choice for anti-armour if you don't want to go all out in points on a land raider or devastator squad with lascannons.
    Warhammer 40k: Blood Angels, Imperial Guard, Grey Knights, Space Lizards (wolves), Kroot, Witch Hunters, Dark Eldar
    Warhammer: Lizardmen, Empire, Vampire Counts, Brettonians, High Elves, Skaven

+ Reply to Thread