How many weapons? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many weapons?

Can the regimental standard carrier also use a pistol? In pictures he carries a powersword so I assume he could replace that with a pistol or does he not get any weapon?

Same question with the commanding officer in a command platoon. Can he only take a pistol or can he also take a close combat weapon?
    -regarding the above question does the cane he comes with count as a close combat weapon... yes its kind of a silly thing to ask.

Thanks for a quick response I'd liket to get assembling these guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Lia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

Technically he come with a lasgun and close combat weapon (with option to replace the lasgun with a laspistol for free as everyone else.). The Regimental Standard (or Medi-kit or Vox operator) are disallowed from taking one of the special/heavy weapons options, but that's it.

(IE, the standard/vox/med-kit does not replace the starting gear (tho it does disallow the taking of Heavy flamer/flamer/grenadelauncher/sniper/meltagun/plasmagun/or being formed into a Heavy weapon's team.).)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the answers, there is still one thing though I would like to know before assembling the company commander I would like to know if that little cane with a skull on it would count as a CCW or do I have to model him with a sword in his left hand instead if I want him to count as having one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can always just say that he has a knife in his boot.
    AKA MindSnap

Lord Cupcake of Senteria Grey2321's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x1)

I call it a laspistol, the eyes in the skull shoot lasers.
    Space Marines: W15/L7/D3
    Imperial Guard: W6/L4/D0
    Daemonhunters: W4/L1/D1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AppleCookie View Post
    Thank you for the answers, there is still one thing though I would like to know before assembling the company commander I would like to know if that little cane with a skull on it would count as a CCW or do I have to model him with a sword in his left hand instead if I want him to count as having one.
    Why the hell not?

I intend to make my own version of Colour Sergeant Kell using parts from the CCS sprues, and count the skull-topped swagger stick as the character's power weapon. This is perfectly feasible - 2nd ed. veterans will remember the power mace and power maul, and with a bit of conversion magic (adding a power cable running from the end of the stick to a power cell at the belt) you have a power weapon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again thank you for the answer and another probably ridiculous qusetion but the above post made me wonder... Is the mechanical arm with a sword a power weapon or does the sword have to be plugged into a power pack like he said to count as a power weapon?

If so could I use it as a regular close combat weapon?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to count all weapons excluding things like chain sword as potentially power weapons or normal weapons (flat battery anyone?) but if you are going to use it as a power weapon all the time I would add a cable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AppleCookie View Post
    Again thank you for the answer and another probably ridiculous qusetion but the above post made me wonder... Is the mechanical arm with a sword a power weapon or does the sword have to be plugged into a power pack like he said to count as a power weapon?

If so could I use it as a regular close combat weapon?
    Using the command squad bionic arm as a test case, one could forward the following two arguments in a pre-game discussion with an opponent in designating just what was what:

Power Weapon: The sword's power field is generated by the same source operating the bionic arm - the two are connected by the cable running from the sword's hilt to the arm's shoulder.

Close Combat Weapon: The sword is surrounded by a minor power field (as above) which makes the weapon just as potent at cutting through armour as a chainsword, but not nearly as effective as a true power weapon. (In the fluff-based 40k universe outside of the rules restrictions in the game, a chainsword had better stats than a regular, single bladed sword.)

It all comes down to having people, especially your opponent, suspend their disbelief.

Despite WYSIWYG ("what you see is what you get"), there are plenty of grey areas in the game which afford players a lot of flexibilty.

The best option, is, of course, to make what is on the model represent as much as possible what it's meant to be; if you wanted to designate your junior officer's chainsword as a power weapon on a regular basis, paint it to look ornate, valuable, and with gold/silver teeth and such.

There is a huge difference between the above example and pointing to your commander's laspistol and sating "oh yeah, that's a plasma pistol, by the way". Use your common sense, stay within the context of the game, don't be cheeky, and try to see things from your opposite number's point of view.
    Last edited by Morden279; July 7th, 2009 at 09:41.

+ Reply to Thread