Magnetized rhino, vindicator, whirlwind, pred and razorback - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Magnetized rhino, vindicator, whirlwind, pred and razorback

AS promised here's the pics of my magnetized vindicator and configured as a vindicator and rhino

It takes around 19 rare earth mangets to do, 4 of the magnets are actually attached under the rhino top plate and since it's glued i couldn't show them.
    I used 1/8" x 1/16" magnets because it's what i had and i found them to be more than adequate, but you could probably use larger for some.

Used a 1/8" drill bit for all fitting and then used 1/8" flat cutting dremel bit(with no point) to finish holes off once at proper depth.

I didn't get pictures of the attachment points for the dozer blade (siege shield) as it isn't really relevant, you glue them in place like normal and then paint to match the chasis, unless you paint them to stand out they really aren't noticeable and if nothing else you can use the dozer blade with a rhino. The dozer blade itself has enough flex that you can carefully attach it and detach it as needed for use and doesn't require magnets or glue.

Demolisher Cannon Front Plate - This central magnet holds it to the chasis and i had to measure it once i got the magnet mounted in the chasis with sprue. the outside two are for the headlights, i held the headlights on lined up where i wanted them and then marked and drilled the holes for the magnets.

Front Hull Magnet-this magnet is in place using two pieces of sprue to create a brace to hold it

Headlights-Had to drill out very carefully so that the magnets would fit in and still go over the notches on the rhino top plate. magnets on rhino top plate are just marked and glued in place.

Left Door Magnet - Again simply a piece of sprue glued across the door frame with a lot of trimming and fitting to ensure rhino doors sat flush after completing. had to actually notch the sprue where the magnet goes in.

Right Door Magnet-same as left door magnet

Rhino Doors - i decided the magnet would work better in the middle and provide more depth to hold the magnet. then drilled without going through the door and flattened hole with the dremel bit in the hand drill from GW.

Rhino Front Magnetized the same way the vindicator plate is done measure then attach.

Side Armour - these were simple because the back doesn't show and just lined it up with the magnet inside the door frame on chasis.

Top Armour - Fitted magnets in by drilling and flattening with dremel bit then put it on top of rhino top plate, then just simply let the magnets attract and marked where to glue them on rhino top plate. no drilling on rhino top plate required just glue them to underside and they fit between sides of rhino when top is attached.

Ammo Lo
    ader - Had to glue a piece of sprue across the base and recess the magnet in it, but it works well and once painted isn't really noticeable.

Ammo Loader Mount - no drilling required, set loader on top, let magnet attract through rhino top plate and glue in place.

Rhino Configuration

Vindicator Front View

Vindicator Rear View

It takes a little time fitting everything and the drilling involved here and there, but i can now use it as a rhino, razorback and vindicator. Whirlwind will work as well since it only differs from razorback by the turrent just like predator which you'll have to magnetize the side panel guns (sponsons)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

That is very similar to the way I saw one built about 6 months ago - he could switch between vindi/rhino/razor/whirl/pred in the same way.

Thanks for sharing my friend! Very nice walk-through =)

CR

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Just what I was after, thanks
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No problem, glad i could help

+ Reply to Thread