Sternguard and Thunderfire Cannons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sternguard and Thunderfire Cannons

Hi everyone. I have 2 questions that I have been wondering about for some time now. Looking at Sternguard Veterans, they are able to use their special ammo with combi weapons, but are they allowed to take the special ammo with a storm bolter? Or is that wandering too far off of the path of boltgun?

The second question is on the Techmarine that is included as the crewman behind the Thunderfire Cannon. Is he allowed to take a squad of servitors as a retinue? Under Artillery in the 40k rulebook, it says, "Sometimes the player has the choice of adding leaders or additional models to the crew of an artillery unit. These models are part of the crew in all respects and may operate the guns as normal, even if they are otherwise slightly different from the rest of the crew." So, theoretically, could one not take servitors as an addition to the Thunderfire Crew? Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x4)

Greetings. To answer your first question, Sternguard can only use their special ammo with bolters and combi-weapons.

As for your second question I would think you can take them, unless the Techmarine, which would lose his IC status attached to a TFC, would prevent this. I'm sure someone will have a more informed response to this question.
    "Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!"
    -This space for rent-
    Salamander project log

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome, thanks for the response.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You CAN take servitors, at least thats the vibe I get off the rules (Technically the techmarine is called a 'Techmarine Gunner' in his entry, but he follows all rules as a standard techmarine.)

However, The servitors are not a retinue, nor do they join him. The servitors are bought as a normal unit, and then can have an independant techmarine attached to them. The thunderfire gunner however, is not independant till the gun dies.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Caros nailed it for me on the servitor issue. I think its daft storm bolters cant get special issue ammo. After all, the weapon calibre is the same, a storm bolter is basically two bolters stuck together. The metal sternguard have their special issue ammo in storm bolter magazines !
    Jager bombs. Very efficient at wiping out friend or foe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by praxis View Post
    Caros nailed it for me on the servitor issue. I think its daft storm bolters cant get special issue ammo. After all, the weapon calibre is the same, a storm bolter is basically two bolters stuck together. The metal sternguard have their special issue ammo in storm bolter magazines !

I was thinking exactly the same thing. I can see where people would fight that though.

+ Reply to Thread