Fast Attack for podding infantry armies? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

Fast Attack for podding infantry armies?

Hey all... I have gotten to the point where I am looking at what I would like to add to my podding Crimson fists as a fast attack option. Below is a list of what I have currently:

Pedro Kantor
    Libby in power armour
    2x 10 man sternguards (fisty sergs, 3x combi meltas per squad, drop pods)
    5 man termi squad(AC)
    2x Tac. squads (fisty sergs, ML + FL, drop pods)
    2x 5 man scouts (4x sniper + 1x ML per squad, camo cloaks, Telion optional)

I do also have a AoBR dread but don't really use him as he'd get insta gibbed being the only armor on the board. Please let me know what you think would compliment what I have and why, thanks!

IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Some Landspeeders would be good, they're a good distraction for your troops, although if you use them as a distraction keep them cheap.

A HF and MM combo works well, you have the AI and AT for 70pts!

Bikes can work well, although I have never had any luck with them. The squads have to be big, i think.

Anyway, Hope I Helped!
    For get your Mr T, John Mayer leaks pure awesomeness with every note he plays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

I was thinking maybe Storms with MM so that I could benefit from the locator beacons as well. Buying a couple of storms would also give me some more scouts...

Thoughts?

Edit: Or maybe just storms with HF? or I could not be lazy and magnetize them lol...
    Last edited by Ironangel256; July 8th, 2009 at 20:54.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x4)

In your case I would suggest MM/HF Landspeeders. They're fast and can deepstrike with the rest of your army so you can hose a tank or a mess of troops upon deployment.

There has been a lot of debate on which is better - the Landspeeder or Attack bike. It really just comes down to playstyle, personal choice and how many points you want to allocate to Fast attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironangel256 View Post
    I was thinking maybe Storms with MM so that I could benefit from the locator beacons as well. Buying a couple of storms would also give me some more scouts...

Thoughts?

Edit: Or maybe just storms with HF? or I could not be lazy and magnetize them lol...
    Your list looks pretty good so far and you have at least five scoring units counting the Sternguard. Personally, I'd stay away from more Scouts as you're good with the three troops choices you have now, but that's just me.
    "Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!"
    -This space for rent-
    Salamander project log

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

I would go with the normal land speeder over the storm. As already noted, you dont need the extra scoring unit, but the better BS of the marines over scouts might be vital in games for your multimelta shots if points are tight.
    Last edited by praxis; July 8th, 2009 at 21:39. Reason: thinking 500 points for some reason
    Jager bombs. Very efficient at wiping out friend or foe.

Victorus aut Mortis Shad0w_Reaper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

What about some scout bikers with a locator beacon? Infiltrate them into a good spot, scout them if needed and then you can have your first wave of pods drop exactly where you want them to.

~SR~
    Space Wolves (Under Construction) | Circle of Orboros (Under Construction)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

You've only 4 drop pods, so I'd be inclined to get a 5th so 3 come down first turn. Odd numbers are always better

Alternatively, put locator beacons on all your pods, and then get some Vanguard for Heroic Intervention goodness.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

I'd drop Kantor. You don't need more scoring units and combat tactics >>> stubborn with shooty units. The Terminators aren't great either. A MotF and some Dreads would be handy.

Beyond that, Speeders would be extremely useful. Deep striking MM/HF can threaten anything and they're very cheap.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread