Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Been watching some BA battle reports on youtube mainly jawaballs and I must admit im impressed with the whole assault marines as scoring units and baal predator tanks.
But I was wondering can BA hold there own against any race in CC?
Because I was thinking of runing a list that has nothing but assault marines,furiosos,death company and corbulo and dante.
I want a list that screams assault and close combat and I got the impression BA are the best at assault out of all the chapters.
ASM isn't that hard in CC. They will get pawned by a CC-build from the CSM, deamons, orks, DE and Tyranids.
Now Death Company is pretty good, but thats only one unit. After the nerf of rending in 5.ed they isnt't what they used to be.
If you want the best SM CC army i would wait and see what's in the wolf dex this october.
Last edited by Tyfus; July 12th, 2009 at 21:38.
ba arent the best at cc but they can hold there own if you use them right, for example fihgting a carnifex, unless you have power wepons nobody in there irhgt mind would charge it if they had a choice thats why yuou have to have some static fire power to slim donw enimy units before the chaarge and by the ay i play blood angels, i feild 2x 10 marines with multi meltas or plasma cannaons 15 assultt marines and a vindacator plus a captain and 5 death coompany a solid army list for 1000pts
I think they can be very powerful if used correctly. In order to stay competitive vs any CC army I would offer these tips:
To sum up we can't insta win every close combat but we can overpower a lot of enemies in the game. You just gotta be crafty and use support properly to win those fights on your terms. Can't stress this enough making use of those buffs is essential for beating down the really nasty stuff.
- Dante's preferred enemy bubble is sweet. Preferred enemy is really powerful in 5th.
- Corbs furious charge bubble is very powerful when mixed with Dante. Try to keep both buffs overlapped as much as possible.
- Use rhino's and tanks to shield your assault marines.
- Use tacs to soften up nasty things like Genestealers and howling banshees before charging in. These are the sorts of units that will whip marines regardless of the super awesome buffs noted above.
- Don't start a melee you can't finish. If its safer to kite an enemy back so a Vindi takes another shot vs those nasty demons then do it. Jump packs have awesome mobility, use it.
If you can at least match enemy initiative there's a good chance you will inflict a lot of damage. Our special characters can go up to initiative 6 (with buffs) which means they at least go at the same time as super nasty units like genies and such.
And as always, be bloody bold and resolute!