How did you fare the the 'Ard Boyz tourney? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

How did you fare the the 'Ard Boyz tourney?

Unfortunately, I couldn't play in their tourney this year due to work, but I did stop by to watch for a while. Just curious as to how you space marines did at the preliminaries of the 'Ard Boyz tournament. Seems like almost half the people there at my local circuit played marines. I saw some crazy lists...1 marine list had Shrike + 30 TH/SS termies. Another had 5 Land Raiders and 2 Land Speeders...and he was fighting a Chaos marine list with 6 Land Raiders!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i used deathwing and came in 3rd.

massacre against marines in 1st round
    2 round i got a major loss to orks. 6 battlewagons with deffrolas and force field. probably the toughest game of 40k ive ever played.
    3rd round i got a major victory against orks.

2nd round kill point adjustements hurt me very bad. my deathwing has like 30ish models, due to how they calculated kp's i had 28 kp's. my hq unit alone was worth 13 kps. the guy that beat me wound up winning first.
    if i could have pulled off any sort of victory in second round i would have got first.
    leave the moderating to the moderators

if pro is the opposite of con, does that mean progress is the opposite of congress?

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Congrats! You made it to the semi-finals in Aug. Gotta keep us posted on how you do there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well done micah, that second round list sounds tough!

I've been toying with a deathwing list for a while now. Would you mind saying what was in your list?

Cheers woodie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i gave up my semi final invitation to another player.
    taking the family to disney in sept so i dont need to be taking another trip in august for ard boyz ><

my list has

belial
    inter chap in term
    w/ 4 terms with dual claws, 1 serg with th/ss
    all in a LRC

4 terms with th/ss 1 with ass cannon
    in another LRC

2 term units with ass cannons and 1 chainfist each that deepstrike

2 dreads with multimelta and hflamer that drop pod in
    1 dread with tl las and ml that walks on

1 allied unit of grey knights with 2 psycannons.

originally i had more allied grey knights, but dropped them for the 2nd LRC. they are really kinda a points filler. 200 points wont buy much of anything for deathwing.
    psycannons come in handy though ignoring invulnerable saves and they did a good job sitting on objectives with their shrouding. its also an option for a old style psychic hood. i didnt take one, however, just because i know my local competition and knew i wouldnt need it.

that 2nd round was so tough because the way the adjusted kill points. i have 35 models in my army including vehicles and transports and i had 28 kp's. my hq unit alone was worth 13 kp's. was pretty brutal. i had to be extremely cautious with them and i played that match extremely handicapped.
    i think in a straight up fight i could have taken the deathrolla spam, no problem.
    leave the moderating to the moderators

if pro is the opposite of con, does that mean progress is the opposite of congress?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i played blood Angels with Allied Grey knights 1st Round I scored a massacre against a Vanilla marine player, Second round i massacred orks due to some horrible rolling on my opponents side and third round my entire army was wiped off the field by turn three Against a 3 vendetta 6 valkyrie list. Even after the first two i only managed to tie for 4th

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

3 vends + 6 valks?!? Holy cats...I guess the air cavalry list does exist. There's an IG player here, MVBrandt, who uses that list. Hmmm...wonder if it could be him.

Lord Cupcake of Senteria Grey2321's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x1)

I fared rather badly, which is probably an understatement for one away from dead last >.<

Bad rolling on my part as well as some stupid decisions for how I deployed really cost me.
    Space Marines: W15/L7/D3
    Imperial Guard: W6/L4/D0
    Daemonhunters: W4/L1/D1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    93 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by jy2 View Post
    3 vends + 6 valks?!? Holy cats...I guess the air cavalry list does exist. There's an IG player here, MVBrandt, who uses that list. Hmmm...wonder if it could be him.
    Unlikely considering he hates 'Ard Boyz almost as much as I do. There's a guy in the Philly region who plays Air Cav though. He's more of a Dakkadakka guy so I'm not sure he has a profile on LO.

+ Reply to Thread