how well do bike armys realy do? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how well do bike armys realy do?

i have been looking for my next army (for sum time now) and was wondering how well space marine bike armys do and how well they play in a sum what competitive game im thinking of a White Scars list maybe with or without Khan 3-4 bikes as troops 2-3 drop pods of Tactical marines attack bikes with multi-melter and most likely sum land speeders with Typhoon missiles or sum thing of the sort

so tip tricks how to build a list like this all is welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

My first piece of advice is to double check your posts for 'txt speak'. Its not really welcomed here and some folk may not reply because of it. 'Sum' instead of 'Some' is ignorable, but some here do fuss over it.

Anyway, bike lists can be brutal when built and used right but all bike lists revolve around two pivotal units, Kor'sarro Kahn and the Marine Captain on bike. You can tailor the Captain to have the exact wargear you want, or you can take Kahn at a slightly increased cost and get a weapon that has a chance for instant-death.
    IMO a Captain with Relic Blade and Storm Shield on a bike rocks just too much to bother with Kahn.

Regardless of your HQ decision, you need at least 2 x 5man biker squads or bigger. A power weapon or fist on the sergeant as well as a MM attack bike would turn these units into excelent all-rounders.

Larger units of bikers reduces the risk of needing a leadership test when being shot at, so taking big 8man biker units is ideal when possible.

Bike units work great when supported with landspeeders, where together they can really punish vehicles and infantry alike.

Bike armies can fail quite bad against hordes and CC armies, so when fighting these, try and keep moving as much as possible, turbo-boosting out of bad situations and just continue pouring fire on the enemy.
    The lack of blast weapons in bike armies means you need to arm your men with lots of flamers and heavy bolters when fighting hordes.
    Against vehicle-heavy lists, those MM attack bikes will sort them out.

In larger points games, some people like to take a Biker Chaplain for that extra kick in CC. Its a good option, however I would recomend minimising the points spent on HQ in favour of more bikes.

A Biker Command Squad with banner and a couple of plasma or melta guns might be a little expensive, however FnP and those special weapons really makes a difference in larger games.

Any other questions, let me know.

CR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kor'sarro Kahn is a great HQ as he gives your units with combat tactics outflank. I put my whole army on outflank. my opponents dont know how to counter it. Yes ok the reserve rolls will ocasinaly not work in you favor, but a damoclies rhino or Tigerius will help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CR i agree with all of your suggestions, except that their are no blast weapons for the biker list.
    I have had great success with the land speeder typhoons against Tyranid hordes.
    It's not ordinance fire but it is blast and effective.
    Also, try to bring as many bikes as possible! this can not be stressed enough.

Good luck brother!
    Last edited by OniBane; July 13th, 2009 at 16:13.
    "All of the tainted shall fall before me".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by OniBane View Post
    CR i agree with all of your suggestions, except that their are no blast weapons for the biker list.
    I have had great success with the land speeder typhoons against Tyranid hordes.
    It's not ordinance fire but it is blast and effective.
    Also, try to bring as many bikes as possible! this can not be stressed enough.

Good luck brother!
    Ahh, I should have said 'pure bike armies', yes, the typhoon does fill that gap quite nicely, for a cost...

CR

+ Reply to Thread