How do people do Tallarn armies? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

How do people do Tallarn armies?

I'm curious as to how people are fielding Tallarn armies (if at all)? The old models aren't that detailed, are all metal and are missing several elements from the new codex. At the same time, while the Forgeworld models look fantastic, these are suffer from very similar problems. The range is, if anything, even smaller and still costs a lot.

What's the solution? Convert Cadians? Mould them yourself? After reading Brother Argos' excellent thread I'm very tempted to green stuff some Tallarns and start moulding, but would really prefer to buy some. What are other people doing?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravendove View Post
    I'm curious as to how people are fielding Tallarn armies (if at all)? The old models aren't that detailed, are all metal and are missing several elements from the new codex. At the same time, while the Forgeworld models look fantastic, these are suffer from very similar problems. The range is, if anything, even smaller and still costs a lot.

What's the solution? Convert Cadians? Mould them yourself? After reading Brother Argos' excellent thread I'm very tempted to green stuff some Tallarns and start moulding, but would really prefer to buy some. What are other people doing?
    Lack detail? Huh? They're just as detailed as any other metal model range, and the costumes are way cooler. I've bought some Cadian plastics, but I just can't make myself field a squad of them.

As for "missing elements", the only one I can really think of is the lack of an infantry flamer model. But those are easy to convert using Cadian flamer bits, a Dremel tool, and some epoxy.

As for cost, watch eBay. The best time to buy Tallarns was last Winter just before the new codex came out. I doubled the size of my army for 30+% off of the GW Website Price. But I've seen heavy weapons and whole units come up for sale every other week or so. Sometimes though, you will have to bite the bullet. I spent $90.00 on 6 GL/Melta blisters at the GW website just before 'Ard Boyz because I needed meltas and none had shown up on eBay for a while. But that's the price of being unique.

I Expect the Inquisition RecklessFable's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

210 (x5)

"The guy with the grenade is the Sergeant. Everything else is WYSIWYG." -Me

I haven't used squad flamers yet.
    RecklessFable's Journey to Mediocrity (Painting an IG army)
    I've been addicted to World of Tanks lately and neglecting my IG... But it is so... much... fun!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

204 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by RecklessFable View Post
    "The guy with the grenade is the Sergeant. Everything else is WYSIWYG." -Me
    Heh, I used to do that too. But now IG Sergents can't carry lasguns. So I'm back to the models with the plasma pistols, though I "counts as" them as laspistols. Someday maybe I'll convert them properly.

I Expect the Inquisition RecklessFable's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

210 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by kgoreham View Post
    Heh, I used to do that too. But now IG Sergents can't carry lasguns. So I'm back to the models with the plasma pistols, though I "counts as" them as laspistols. Someday maybe I'll convert them properly.
    It is what I'm still doing since I own exactly two chainsword/stubber pistol Sgts. They are very expensive on ebay when you see them. I'd like to convert some real sgts, but frankly, I'm done with my Tallarn. I've go other armies to work on now!
    RecklessFable's Journey to Mediocrity (Painting an IG army)
    I've been addicted to World of Tanks lately and neglecting my IG... But it is so... much... fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

, but would really prefer to buy some. What are other people doing?
    If you wanna buy some, why not go forge world besides metal tallarn?
    link

Some really beautiful stuff there:

Would help you get a more viable lsit perhaps, and it looks so good
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

545 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Zema View Post
    If you wanna buy some, why not go forge world besides metal tallarn?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravendove
    At the same time, while the Forgeworld models look fantastic, these are suffer from very similar problems. The range is, if anything, even smaller and still costs a lot.
    My problem with the Forgeworld range is that there are just three models that can be used as Infantry (Tallarn Snipers with some minor conversion work).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

539 (x8)

My problem with the Forgeworld range is that there are just three models that can be used as Infantry (Tallarn Snipers with some minor conversion work).
    True, but the heavy weapon squads are a huge improvement, atleast. I do see your point, it would be good if FW did a krieg type thing: an entire army.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Glad to see there are a few other tallarn players out there.

I've got a 3k army of the desert raiders the majority bought from eBay. I've found that their value on eBay has risen sharply with the new codex coming out.

I'm no great modeller but I did do a few conversions that I posted on the modelling section a while ago.

Might give you some ideas on how to convert some of the newer options not covered in the range.

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...nversions.html

I'm now working on flamer conversions to give all my squads all weapon options.

I did convert the plasma pistol sergeant suing some of the plastic hands from the heavy weapon set. I have him pointing towards the enemey now.

IMO - I don't think the Tallarn models from FW actually fit in with the current GW versions.

I've been following Brother Argos' work on the steel legion - Much respect to anyone who tries a similair project with the tallarns.
    Finally getting round to finshing my Tallarn Imperial Guard Army (2K)
    Everything else has been sacrificed on the Altar of eBay...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

The FW Tallarn Rough Rider mounts make me throw up in my mouth a little.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast