The Chaplain Dreadnought... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

The Chaplain Dreadnought...

Hey, so I'm almost done painting my chap. dread from FW, and I was wondering what you guys would think if I used it in a normal game at the local games store. It does have its own FW rules, and it seems a little too good for its cost. Anyways, basically asking if you played someone with it if you'd let them use it. Welcome to the Forge World website (scroll down)

One more thing for those of you who use army builder..Where can I get the data file that has this dreadnought in it?

COMMISSIONS NOW UP: www.powerklawkommissioning.com
    Don't quite have the time to paint?
    Check out the site - Great prices, Great painting!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

As long as the weapons are WYSIWYG (i.e., you can't really say it has an assault cannon when it clearly does not!) you should be able to use it as a regular or Venerable Dreadnought as you see fit. In order to use its special Forge World rules, you'll have to get your opponent's permission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Its up to your opponent if they will let you play it as a chaplain dred. Otherwise just use it as a regular or ven. dred. Most of Forgeworld's toys from the Imperial Armor books are meant to be played in Apoc. The points cost to abilities is generally lower for FW models. I believe its a general ploy to get people to buy the resin crack. (and it sure does work)
    Given that, I'd love to use my siege dred in normal 40k, but I just use it for Apoc (and boy does it work well. plus its a cool model)
    FYI: Lose=To not win Loose=To not be tight There=A place Their=A person's They're=They are

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

I'm so buying one.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheque View Post
    I'm so buying one.

I know, it's such a great model. I already have way too many dreadnoughts at home but I'll be getting this one as well. I like it so much more than that weak venerable dread model they have now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

haha yes the Chaplain dread is amazing model and will be such a center piece for my army.

Does anyone have the answer to the Army Builder Question I had?
    COMMISSIONS NOW UP: www.powerklawkommissioning.com
    Don't quite have the time to paint?
    Check out the site - Great prices, Great painting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Thedeadmonky View Post

Does anyone have the answer to the Army Builder Question I had?
    From the search I did on the web... google (army builder data files + chaplain) I found a site that says it is in the latest version. You may have to ..."press the clipboard icon while setting up the roster size, then go to "Roster Options", and select "Imperial Armour". It's likely been in there for a while, so try enabling forge world units with whatever version you have."
    Just make sure you have latest version and explore the program a little bit. I don't use Army Builder so thats as much help as I can provide (i.e. googleing it to find another site where it was answered.) heh heh... you said googeling
    FYI: Lose=To not win Loose=To not be tight There=A place Their=A person's They're=They are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A guy on youtube called jawaballs uses one of them, to represent his furioso and I have to admit its the best painted dreadnought ive ever.
    Hope forge release a version of a ironclad!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread