somalian's guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

somalian's guard

Hello I am new to guard
    i use to play girl guard and gk.

I'm starting my own sytle guard army, and ill tell you why.
    a week or two ago i was fliping though the tv and the movie black hawk down came on.
    As i was watching it i was like man these somalians are like guard geting cut up.
    then at the end of the movie they were like 7 rangers died and like hundreds of somalians died so i was like yep guard.

So i was wanting to play a tallarn army really really bad for i long time but the tallarn guys on gw were to much money.

So i came up with this idea

So right now i have gonna alot of guard is the past week (catachans)

i have
    ccs x2
    40 guard i wanna use as penal
    6x rocket teams
    2x las cannon teams
    3x sents
    1 russ
    2 storm troopers squads

i also have a shadowsword which i dont think im going to use.

I need some input on what i should do for a army list im not looking for a tourney list this is a army for fun with friends.

ive started painting my guys they are in tan cloths and are black skined
    and i tried to give them all knifes.

I also am looking for imput on how to make the all somalian's
    and yes some look like pirates and have wooden legs.

i will put up some pictures tomorrow cause my camra is dead.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x2)

obvious troll is obvious...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can make fun of my paint job if you want

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Stunted_Merc View Post
    obvious troll is obvious...
    So.. he wants to build a 'Guard army based on Somalians. Why not? How is that trolling? Each 'Guard regiment in 40k is based on some real world force to some extent, if he wants to make a guerilla army based on Somalians then I say go for it.

What's worse, the fact that he wants to make an all-black skinned regiment or the complete lack of black characters in 40k?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Thats a pretty cool idea actually. The army will deffinatly be unique.

If you're going to go with the theme from black Hawk down i'd probably just take swarms and swarms of Infantry with Missile Launchers and grenade Launchers. Leave all the Heavy Tanks on the shelf for now.

As for the Paint scheme, Looks like a good start. How about doing them with Blue/Grey Jeans instead? It think thats what they had in the film anyway. If you're going to be doing hoards of blokes stick to Foundation colours and use washes to darken and shade.
    Mordian Blue for the Jeans and something like Deneb Stone and Calthian Brown for the Shirts. Mix Badab Black and Devian Mud washes together and its a good shade for pretty much anything from clothes to metal.

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

545 (x8)

Also, keep in mind that if you're doing an all-infantry rag tag army, you might want to vary the colours on the individual models a little. Otherwise they look less rag tag and more in uniform.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

If you could do some decent conversions or find a reasonable replacement model, using flatbed/pickup trucks as Chimera and Hellhound variants would be sweet. They show guys with a heavy weapon mounted in a pick-up a few times in the movie I think, so you could use those as Hellhound variants or as simply Chimera transports. Toss a few of those in with hordes of infantry and enjoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darguth View Post
    If you could do some decent conversions or find a reasonable replacement model, using flatbed/pickup trucks as Chimera and Hellhound variants would be sweet. They show guys with a heavy weapon mounted in a pick-up a few times in the movie I think, so you could use those as Hellhound variants or as simply Chimera transports. Toss a few of those in with hordes of infantry and enjoy
    i really like that idea i could go to a hobbie shop and pick up a truck model. and put a heavy stuber on the back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

Though you may not care about this, 40k vehicle models have a very clunky look to them, so normal military models tend to stick out like a sore thumb. If you don't care, I say go for it

If you do care, I'd point you to a conversion thread Lord Borak made: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...onversion.html

The truck is a bit militaristic and you'd probably want something more domestic looking, but it might give you a good place to start and Borak might be kind enough to give help

Lia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

Where are the platoons the heavy weapon teams are part of?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast