black templars as nilla - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

black templars as nilla

i got black templars army and i have been thinking. i got a squad of scouts and a squad of devastators that havent seen the light of day sense the 4th editon black templars codex. i can use more tac squads so breaking them up does me no good, but hears the kicker i also have special commander from the black templars codex. so what i need to know can i run my special commanders and still run them as nilla marines.

I am an Indestructible master of War.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I get what your saying. You want to use a special black templer only commander in a basic SM army? Or just the model with the basic SM army stats?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

I'm not sure with the grammar and spelling. Are you asking if you can use a Black Templar special character in a vanilla Space Marine army? If that is what you are asking, then no, you can not pick a special character from one codex and use it for an army from another codex.
    You can always use the model of the special character to represent a model in the vanilla marine codex.
    FYI: Lose=To not win Loose=To not be tight There=A place Their=A person's They're=They are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

well i dont hurt my feelings much. ill just keep my scouts and devastators on the shelf.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

How many points do you have cuz you could always play an appocalypse game so you can use all your templar goodies with the scouts and devvies with the vanilla coidex for them just having them look lke templars. If you dont have enough points yourself you could always find a partner.
    Ask me about the Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

i got around 3000 or so pts but im thinking of selling my devastators and scouts or just boxing them up. i had that black templar army for about 13 years now. so thats about 7 maybe 8 year before GW said you cant have the devastators and scouts. that day i burried them in the bottom of the box and said to hell with it. sense then i have gotton nothing for the black templars. i still use them. i just dont buy them. im really getting to the point of saying to hell with GW, but i like warhammer 40k to much. oh then there is the fact im not allowed scouts or devastators but the ultramarines is allowed the land raider crusader. the LRC was a center piece to the black templars and now its not. whats with that. just because the black templars arent the micky mouse of warhammer 40k like the ultramarines are dosent mean i cant have devastators or scouts. mean think about it. scouts have move through cover. standard scout has a bolt pistol and CCW. so why cant i have them. they would be a very good assault squad.
    Last edited by jammer397; July 22nd, 2009 at 08:38.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x1)

I'd say, take two space marine forces as allies.

So make the majority of your army as BT, then have an HQ, 2 troops (scouts?) and your devastators as a marine detachment. This way you get your fun special character, BT special rules for some of your guys, and still get a nasty dev squad.

Just a thought.

cheers,
    Black Templar (W/D/L): 4/6/2
    Dark Eldar (W/D/L): 4/1/0
    Warriors of Chaos (W/D/L): 3/0/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

that sounds like a plan but would that be tournament legal.

+ Reply to Thread