How to beat orks? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to beat orks?

i play orks as well as space marines and from experience shooty armies tend to do worse against orks. When if a cbb army faces my orks there tends to be a lose or a draw. This makes me think. Another example of this is space wolves. They whipe out all my ork boyz in ccb and seem to grind them down and resaultantly score more wounds meaning they cut them down. So rather than using a shooty army when facing orks why not get a cbb one.
    For example a assault army with strike backet up with some tanks with heavy bolter could do quite well. overall from experience ive found that shooting orks till they get down to around 15-20 models then assaulting them with some ccb units eg assault marines are extremly effective. As you will kill a lot of orks then they lose combat and you run them down because of there low intititive.

What do you think? could this be the best way to deal with orks and if so what units would you take?

Last edited by bl00d bath76; July 22nd, 2009 at 12:22.
    Nothing more funny than 3 inquisitors with sanctify when facing deamons. They cant do anything while you stand in front of them having a tee break.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

If you do a search before starting new threads you can find recent threads like this

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...beat-orks.html

There are plenty of good ideas in there.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i normally use 3 tactical squads each with missile launcher and flamers, these are split into combat squads, 2 dreads with std armaments, 6 terminators with an assualt cannon, 4 land speeders in 2 teams ( they are armed with 3 assault cannons, 3 heavy bolters, typhoon launcher and heavy flamer). a dev squad has 2 plas cannons, las cannon and multimelta. A terminator librarian and vulkan hestan leading. everytime I play i get overrun and stomped. he always uses 3 mobs of 30 orcs attacking from left right and centre. these soak up fire until his nobs and meganobs charge in using waagh. shokk attack gun teamed with deffkoptas and bikes/wartraks blast anything in sight. help me!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tons of heavy bolters and one hard hitting power weapon unit to take on his one unit of megaarmoured nobz. That's how you kill orks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Mech up, Orks have a hard time stopping it. Hiding in a tank keeps you safe from assaults (always move 12" if he's close enough to charge, hitting on 6's is a great equalizer), the extra mobility lets you dictate the terms of engagement and keep him at arm's length, and tank shock can push his units around, clump them up and make your flamers/blasts do even better.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ==Me== View Post
    Mech up, Orks have a hard time stopping it. Hiding in a tank keeps you safe from assaults (always move 12" if he's close enough to charge, hitting on 6's is a great equalizer), the extra mobility lets you dictate the terms of engagement and keep him at arm's length, and tank shock can push his units around, clump them up and make your flamers/blasts do even better.
    Well, I assume you're speaking of rhinos, not LRs. The Loota squad that most people take will be able to take out rhinos just fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by stevetosh13 View Post
    i normally use 3 tactical squads each with missile launcher and flamers, these are split into combat squads, 2 dreads with std armaments, 6 terminators with an assualt cannon, 4 land speeders in 2 teams ( they are armed with 3 assault cannons, 3 heavy bolters, typhoon launcher and heavy flamer). a dev squad has 2 plas cannons, las cannon and multimelta. A terminator librarian and vulkan hestan leading. everytime I play i get overrun and stomped. he always uses 3 mobs of 30 orcs attacking from left right and centre. these soak up fire until his nobs and meganobs charge in using waagh. shokk attack gun teamed with deffkoptas and bikes/wartraks blast anything in sight. help me!!!!!!!
    You're not mobile enough. Using a gunline against Orks is like throwing a sausage into a woodchipper. The land speeders are a start, but they're still easily countered (lootas) so what you really need is tanks.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ze_poodle View Post
    You're not mobile enough. Using a gunline against Orks is like throwing a sausage into a woodchipper. The land speeders are a start, but they're still easily countered (lootas) so what you really need is tanks.
    Shrug, in that tournament I won recently my "gunline" unit of Grey Knights were killing 10-12 Orks a turn. 'Course, unlike a traditional gunline, I wasn't worried about them getting assaulted at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

431 (x8)

1 Rhino isn't a problem, 6 are. Orks can't handle that much mech running around. Land Raiders are practically a win button.

Gunlines lack the mobility and durability to endure Orkage, and marines in particular can't put out the sheer amount of firepower to compensate (IG can).
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, in my recent match against orks, 2 vindicators and a Long fang squad put a nice dent in Ork squads, followed by a bolt pistol salvo and assault, it ended up with a victory by about 130 points.

+ Reply to Thread