Favorite Russ Variant - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is your favorite russ?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Leman Russ Battle Tank

37 41.57%
  • The Leman Russ Demolisher

24 26.97%
  • The Leman Russ Exterminator

6 6.74%
  • The Leman Russ Punisher

7 7.87%
  • Leman Russ Executioner

10 11.24%
  • Leman Russ Eradicator

2 2.25%
  • Leman Russ Vanquisher

3 3.37%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Favorite Russ Variant

I was just wondering what everyone's favorite variant of the Leman Russ Tank was. I'm only including the 7 variants in the Imperial Guard codex, no imperial armour russes just to keep everything simple.

IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

sorry dude but i have to say my imperial armor vanquisher. out of GW i would say the battle tank.
    I am an Indestructible master of War.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the new move and shoot ordanance plus 1 rules, The demolisher's range is not quite as anemic. Having a strength 10 pieplate is awesome against heavy troops and also heavy vehicles. 15 points more for +2 str, 1 better AP and a reduced range, I'll take that! Scariest thing on the board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

I've yet to use all of the variants in the new rules, but I think my favorite from just a lore/tradition standpoint is the standard Russ. Great weaponry and armor for a cheap cost. Nice and versatile turret mount can deal with all but the most elite units of infantry, and even then you should force them to make at least a couple of saves, or light to medium armor.

My least favorite has to be the Exterminator...just nothing about it screams cool to me. I want my turret weapon to be fear-inspiring and I don't think the Exterminator really does that.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Eh that Vanquisher doesn't have the behemoth Rule.....

I voted for the Demolisher. Theres nothing this tank can't do. Str10 and ordinance means it can take on even things like monoliths while the large blast and AP2 means it can kill hoards and Terminators with equal ease.

The executioner is a contender because of the 3 AP2 Blast, but the Demo has a considerable higher str. The difference between 3 blast and a pie plate is pretty small. The Executioner has the range but the Demolisher has the Ordinance rule which is better. Oh and the Demolisher is cheaper. so for me the Demolisher really does win this one.
    Last edited by Lord Borak; July 22nd, 2009 at 22:32.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Demolisher, no one likes to see one on the table. Well... except IG players using them!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the turret weapons have the the behomoth special rule. It says even the the ordance onces. So my second favorite is the Vanquisher why i'd take the demolisher after that.
    Isn't That Just Peachey

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_deathslayer View Post
    All the turret weapons have the the behomoth special rule. It says even the the ordance onces. So my second favorite is the Vanquisher why i'd take the demolisher after that.
    Borak was talking about the FW vanquisher that was printed in IA vol.1 I beleive. I'm pretty sure he was replying to when jammer397mentioned it.

I voted the demolisher, that cannon can destroy just about anything in 40k, the short range isn't too much of a problem with most armies trying to close the distance with guard and with lumbering behemoth. The rear armour is just sooo useful against at least half of the 40k races when the assaults are launched.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

lord borak
    Eh that Vanquisher doesn't have the behemoth Rule
    my friend lets me use the older vanqushier rules but i still have to use the behemoth special rule on it. so i get a better tank but i pay more points for it and its still slowwwww as a slug. it comes out to an extra 20 points i think and really im just getting a better vanquisher battle cannon and a coaxial heavy stubber. so i think of it as a far trade and better yet if he runs a tournament at his shop ill get to still use it, but only if he will allow FW rules for that tournament and i need to go over the model with the opponent. otherwise i still got my GW leman russ battle tank which is my more common tank and my 2nd favorite.
    I am an Indestructible master of War.

CKO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

The executioner is amazing the most destructive force we have, the demolisher is an amazing tank but the short range is a problem, land speeders or bikes with meltas are able to stay out of range then zoom up and shoot the tank, also because of the short range alot of things are within charge range.

300 THIS IS SPARTA

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast