Demolisher - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Demolisher

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Demolisher

Hello fellow soldiers of the Imperium. Im putting together a demolisher and was wonder how most of you outfit it sponor wise, if at all and why? Also, how do most of you play it against cc armies and keep it running?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

I don't fit sponson on a demolisher. The gun is very close range and I usually always keep the thing moving so sponsons are a bit of a waste of points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

You could try meltas. I've got my new demolisher too and melta sponsoons with LC hull looks fun! I'll be giving it camo and smoke too for protection.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

No sponsons, keep moving. MM at BS3 sucks, 2 HBs suck, and PCs are stupid expensive.

Stick the hull heavy flamer on for protection against assaulters and you're good to go.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

i use a hull-mounted heavy bolter and plasma cannon side-sponsons. very deadly against all enemies

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

I'm with =ME= on this one. With a tank thats only got a range of 24" you need to be on the move so sponsons are a waste for this boy. Hull heavy flamers are free and useful as a detterant to hoards.

Keeping you tanks cheap means it hurts less when you loose them and you can use the points to get more bodies and armour

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uhh are you guys seriously recommending moving d6" over being able to fire all weapons every turn? Yes the demolisher is short range, but there are 2 choices that can fire at 36" not too short imo.

The demolisher has the lumbering behemoth special rule so it can still move 6 and fire everything. If you want to move any faster then you can only move d6 more inches. Personally, if were to run it cheap I would run 3 heavy bolters, if I was looking to dominate heavy infantry I would bring plasmas and leave the heavy bolter on the front. I mean you're already spending a bunch of points already, what's a few more.

keeping it moving is fine, but now that you can move and still shoot everything I don't see the point in leaving it bare.

Lord Cupcake of Senteria Grey2321's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by JonU View Post
    The demolisher has the lumbering behemoth special rule so it can still move 6 and fire everything. If you want to move any faster then you can only move d6 more inches. Personally, if were to run it cheap I would run 3 heavy bolters, if I was looking to dominate heavy infantry I would bring plasmas and leave the heavy bolter on the front. I mean you're already spending a bunch of points already, what's a few more.

Those would be nice builds if Lumbering Behemoth worked like that, however it doesn't. All it lets you do is fire off your turret as an extra gun when the Russ stands still or moves at Combat Speed, it doesn't let you fire off everything.

I like to keep my Demolishers bare with a Hull Heavy Flamer like ==Me== does, it keeps them moving and won't tempt me to keep it still when it's close to the enemy.

Now, if you could choose to buy just 1 sponson for a Russ for half the price of two...
    Space Marines: W15/L7/D3
    Imperial Guard: W6/L4/D0
    Daemonhunters: W4/L1/D1

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by JonU View Post
    The demolisher has the lumbering behemoth special rule so it can still move 6 and fire everything.

Actually it's the turret weapon in addition to what it may normally be allowed to fire. So if it moves it can fire one weapon, the turret weapon and any deffensive weapons.

EDIT: Damn you Grey You snuck in there when i wasn't looking lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, I actually thought the same thing at first and was really excited. Then going back and re reading the rules (as I so often do) I was dissapointed to learn it basically only changed it so you can fire a turret that is ordinance since you could fire a non ordinance turret moving 6" anyways normally.

+ Reply to Thread