IG veterans: Multiple Heavy Weapons? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

IG veterans: Multiple Heavy Weapons?

So my friends and I were looking around in the IG book for ways to make the various armies from Command and Conquer Generals. I am tasked with building the Chinese army, and of course they should be chock full of "Miniguns."

After reading through the section for veteran squads we realized that the wording is vague. It says something along the lines of 2 veterans may be replaced by a heavy weapons team. It doesn't say only or that you can have only 1 heavy weapon per squad like it does in other codexies. I have checked the wording in the SM codex to look for consistency in the wording to compare to the IG one. The marine book uses lots of definitive words like "one," "or," and "single." Now 4 heavy bolters in a squad would be pretty cool to represent a minigun team, but I question the wording and fairness of having that many in the squad. It would be expensive as heck for a t3 5+ save squad to have that many weapons (especially in a chimera to replicate a Chinese APC), but it would fit the theme really well.

What do you guys think? The wording could really go both ways.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    208 (x5)

I think it means you can only have one team per squad. The wording is "two veterans may be replaced by a heavy weapons team," not "teams." Hell, "two veterans may be replaced by heavy weapons teams" still makes it sound like you can only replace two of them.

I think for it to mean what you want it to mean it would have to say something like "veterans may be replaced by heavy weapons teams at the cost of two veterans per team", or "up to six veterans may be replaced by up to three heavy weapons teams." But it doesn't. Oh well.

I too wish you could have veteran heavy weapon squads.

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

No, the wording couldn't go two ways. The wording is very clear. You can't have more than one Heavy Weapon Team in any squad other than a Heavy Weapon squad.

+ Reply to Thread