40k virgin needs some advice.... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

40k virgin needs some advice....

So, I'm a complete virgin when it comes to 40k. I have no idea what to do or where to start. I immediately fell in love with the Witch Hunters. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with: 1) what to buy first, 2) advice about obtaining and using a Witch Hunters army, and 3) any advice about 40k in general.

Any help is greatly appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was a 40k virgin once a long time ago, was a painful experience the first time I started a army. Red paint everywhere...

anyway, witch hunters are an army I wanted to start for ages but never had the extra cash for those delicious sister models.

They work on a system of faith points. You get one or two depending on the unit you have, which gives you bonuses to use in game.

I would advise you to get a Codex, HQ and 2 Troops first. Paint them up and go to a few games.

Heres what I would start with:

HQ
    Canoness with Jump Pack, Eviscerator, Book of St. Lucius, Cloakof St. Aspira

TROOPS
    2 x 10 Battle Sisters Squad in Rhinos

Once you played a few games, add these and you can't go wrong:

FAST ATTACK
    Seraphim Squad

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Exorcist (one of the best heavy supports in the game!)

The units above seem to be the cream of the crop in the codex.

If you're local to Warhammer World, they have a cool army in one of the glass cases outside the store.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

That is what I did.

Get a Cannoness, doesn't really matter how she is equiped for the first couple of games, and two ten lady squads.

That should bring you to around 500 points which is the starter game.

As for buying, I recommend either ebay or bartertown.com. Neither has a extremely large section, but there is enough to get you going.

GW makes a 10 lady squad box. You can go this route. The box comes with Storm Bolters, and you are never really going to use them once/if you get into this. So you can spend a little more money now, and make it easy, or you can shop around for a while, and spend a little less money for the stuff that you are really going to use.

Welcome to the board.

+ Reply to Thread