Powerfist Conversion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Powerfist Conversion

I'd like to add a couple Powerfists to my Death Korps units. Any bitz/modelling comments or suggestions? I always like to keep it as inexpensive as possible... and of course, look good too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

i will stay and fight Sealancer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x1)

I like to use WFB Empire Knight arms to replicate a powerfist, throw a bit of guitar string onto it to represent a power relay and bam, powerfist.
    "Courage without the presence of fear is like a pistol without bullets. Meaningless." Colonel Igor Massif, 6777th Severite Rifles M40

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could use green stuff and mold your own powerfist, cut off the sergeants sword and make one right there! Cheap and effective

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x1)

Marine powerfists look a tad over-large given the musculature of a guardsman, however add in a bionic arm (perhaps from the catachan command sprue) and you have a perfectly viable fist toting guardsmen....
    Inquistion force WIP. Pics on posts 17 and 23.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Lol, I guy the Metal Catachan Officers and Cut the Powerfists off those. Thats not exactly cheap though.

Marine powerfists are too big, the plastic ones especially. Some of the Classic metal ones (3rd ED Models) shouldn't be too bad if you filed them down a touch. Again cutting up metal models is expensive.....

Cheapest way to go though is to either scultp your own in you can, or use a large 'fist' from another model. Terminator 'hands' are pretty big compared to normal humans so you could probably get away with using thouse. Chuck on a few wires and you should be good to go!
    Depending on how your mates are with WYSIWYG you can always use things like two handed power Hammers/Axes to represent powerfists. I've done it before and none of my mates has ever complained. I do tell them beforehand what it's there to represent though

+ Reply to Thread