Best artilllery to compliment infantry guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best artilllery to compliment infantry guard

I'm thinking of expanding my guard list to include a couple vehicles, specifically artillery. My list is nearly all catachan infantry/cavalry (at this point the only vehicles I have are 6 scout sentinels). My original plan was no vehicles with treads at all. They are jungle fighters and vehicles don't fit in the jungle (that's my fluff and I'm sticking to it). However artillery does not generally move once the battle starts so I'm willing to make an exception.

So of the 4 artillery choices in the codex which would best complement light infantry? Bear in mind that I have some effective AT units (heavy weapon teams and sentinels) but could use more. On the other hand I have tons of anti-infantry (infantry platoons) but its all relatively short range. So what do you suggest?

bhollenb

PS: Yes I know Leman Russes and Hellhounds are awesome and no I will not take any Russes or 'Hounds specifically for fluff reasons.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Lord Cupcake of Senteria Grey2321's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x1)

Colossi are nice, if you're into ignoring cover. (And on a Jungle planet who wouldn't want something like that?)
    Space Marines: W15/L7/D3
    Imperial Guard: W6/L4/D0
    Daemonhunters: W4/L1/D1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

basilisk and griffon are always a solid choice to do, only issue with Medusa is that it ISN'T barrage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Infantry/Sentinel based AT is going to be lascannons, which aren't going to be stopping AV14 unless you brought a lot.

I'd go for a Medusa or Manticores. S10 ordnance will mess up anything and with camo cloaks they can get cover from cheapo Sentinels or terrain.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread