Has anyone used Varro Tigrius and Ortan Cassius successfully? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone used Varro Tigrius and Ortan Cassius successfully?

I was just looking through my codex and I started reading up on these guys. For their points and special wargear and rules they sound pretty effective. But has anyone used them? Are they effective on the field? Am I better off using different units or their regular versions?

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the are pretty good cassius close combat termies cant beet that
    tigrus i dont know

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Tigger, its possible but I've never seen it.

Cassius on the other hand yes. Put him in a crusader with assault terminators, and outflank it with khans ability. It got too beardy had to stop doing it, but there ya go.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

In appocalypse Ive used an eight man honour guard squad with the chapter banner, a company champion with a thunder hammer, my chapter master (not a special character) and cassius mounted in a crusader. Needless to say this squad obliterates everything they touch, with little to no resistence. Unit of 10 chaos termies with attatched lord and sorcerer both equipped with power fists for some reasn, never got to throweven one attack my way before they were wiped out. Good 'ol Cassius and his rerolls.
    Ask me about the Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The key to their use is getting them to the enemy. In this day an age and metagame of mechanized forces, you have to take care. Lots of AT on the field, and if you lose your transport, your boys are going to be buying it as they walk to targets. this is especially dangerous re: armies with lots of templates.

As always, I think that value for points has to be considered. Buying a tooled up command squad is nice, but feels to me like an AWFUL lot of points in one place. I would much rather spread those points out to have many effective units.

Egg Head Miniatures:fbook And Justice For All's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    963 (x8)

I've used Tiggers in a 2500pts drop pod/teleport army.

Made his points and then some with his abilities. Got to reroll all my deepstrikes which was invaluable in getting everything on the table asap. With his ability to use 3 powers a turn he was able to kill chaos marines with ease using the template ability he has whilst making a nearby chaos terminator squad have to reroll all its invulnerable saves as a Vanguard squad got stuck in and also gave a squad under fire from some havocs an invulnerable save.

He just helped so much!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I once had Cassius and Sicarius in combat with about 700 points of Nids, Sicarius took down the Hive Tyrant breaking synapse, a brood of gaunts fell back as Cassius clobbered a carnifex. Next turn the gaunts charge back in and get owned (lost 1 model from cassius to no models of my own) so 31 gaunts fall back and get destroyed by cassius and his sweeping advance!

+ Reply to Thread