Land Speeder Squadrons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

28 (x1)

Land Speeder Squadrons

First things first, I've checked other threads to get opinions, but since my question is fairly specific I suspect I'm in the clear in posting this.

I've been running attack bikes for a while, and while they've done well, I have recently been considering adding land speeder teams in lieu of attack bikes, which seem to fall flat once they hit CC.

As a quick aside, my army has moved a bit more to a passive aggressive shooty army, and the land speeders would reflect this as long range firing platforms.

For lower point cost armies (1500 and lower), I was considering taking 3 Landspeeders, 1 w/ a Heavy Bolter and Assault Cannon, 1 w/ a Multi Melta and Assault Cannon, and 1 w/ a Heavy Bolter and Typhoon Missile Launcher. They would act as a long range weapons platform.

For higher point armies (maybe 2000, definitely 2500+), I was considering taking 6 landspeeders (2x3), one squad having 3 typhoon missile launchers, 2 Heavy Bolters, and 1 Multi-melta, and the second having 3 assault cannons, 2 heavy bolters, and 1 Multi-melta.

The key thing is, are these formation viable, or how should I use them?
    Furthermore, for comparison of what I am giving up, I am trading in 5 sternguard (2x combi-flamers, and a powerfist) and 3 attack bikes (1 w/ HB ).

Many thanks for advice in advance.

Last edited by DogofWar1; August 3rd, 2009 at 21:11. Reason: darn emoticons turning HB) into a smiley

2. Remove Advertisements

Lord Cupcake of Senteria Grey2321's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x1)

I would advise against having Speeders with different load-outs in the same squadron. This generalizes them too much and they won't perform too well.

If you want well-rounded Speeders that are good for what they do, I'd suggest a squadron of Multi-Melta/Heavy Flamers.

For Long-Ranged fire support, either a squadron of Speeders with 2 Heavy Bolters each or a squadron of Heavy Bolters and Typhoon Launchers will be good.
    Space Marines: W15/L7/D3
    Imperial Guard: W6/L4/D0
    Daemonhunters: W4/L1/D1

+ Reply to Thread