Making ISTs Overpriced - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

235 (x6)

Making ISTs Overpriced

What's the most costly and pointless IST squad you can come up with?

Character - IST Veteran Sergeant with Artificer Armour, Master-crafted Lightning Claw, Refractor Field, Combi-Flamer, Meltabombs, Purity Seals & Bionics - 120
    Squad - 9x ISTs, 2x Flamer - 110
    Attached IC - Inquisitor with Artificer Armour, Icon, Holy Relic, Master-Crafted Lightning Claw, Incinerator, Meltabombs, Auspex, Frag & Krak Grenades - 160
    Attached IC - Grey Knight Grand Master with Bionics, Icon, Incinerator & Psychic Hood - 220

5 Templates (4 after the Vet uses his Combi), 3 Initative levels in CC (I5 for the GM, I4 for the Inquisitor, I3 for the Vet), an S6 Force Weapon, a couple of Lightning Claws (master-crafted for extra wounds to reroll ) and Purity Seals. Keep the GM seperate and they can make Sweeping Advances; running him alongside them and charging together still gives you 3 Initiative levels in CC.

That, my friends, is 500+ points of pure, unadulterated fail. I challenge you to pack more fail into an IST squad.

EDIT: Legal fail; no giving them GK/ Inquis-only wargear.

2. Remove Advertisements

The Village
    18 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Not bad.

But a combi-plasma on the IST vet sgt is both more expensive and more useless than a combi-flamer.

Grenade launchers on the regular dudes are also more expensive and more useless than a pair of flamers. I mean, flamers might actually kill some gaunts or something when you jump out of your Rhino.

You forgot the Rhino. Better make it a Chimera instead. With all the trimmings.

And you gave your Inquisitor an awesome incinerator when clearly the psycannon is both more costly and more useless to the unit. Give him a refractor field instead of the icon to compensate. The Icon goes to...

And for the GM, let's see: psycannon, grimoire of true names, hammerhand, scourging, consecrated scrolls, icon of the just.

Last edited by number6; August 6th, 2009 at 22:29.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

+ Reply to Thread