Any ideas on my chapter's name? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any ideas on my chapter's name?

Hi, recently I added a post about what commander i should get for my army and a few of you posted your opinions which was very helpful and many thanks for that.

However with the new army build comes a name for them me and my friend thought of a few but i still don't think any of them are right.
    -Forerunners
    -Reclaimers
    They just don't sound right to me so i thought id ask you lot to see if you have any suggestions on names it doesn't matter what language just a name that represents my chapter.
    My basic fluff for my chapter is that they are great protectors of relics and artifacts and there enemy is anything that would damage/destroy or harm these objects of importance. they are also highly religious and follow to the book of there chapter (alongside that of the emperors word). The main story about them is that they uncovered an ancient artifact which turned out to be of necron origin but there fascination soon turned to dismay as there techpriest noticed they may have awoken a great evil.....and they did a necron army rose killing many space marine and civilian alike, the space marines that witnessed this grew a great hatred and some of them succumbed to the forces of chaos because of there zeal.

So with that in mind any thoughts would be most appreciated, hope to hear from your thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Bloodied Zealots, or something close, I think Zealots would relate well to your chapter
    I serve my master and do as he wants. He wants the badlands, thus they will be his.
    -Shriva the Damned

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Guardians of the Lost?
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, new chapters can be a huge pain in the butt! My chapter now is vastly different than what it was when I first envisioned it, remember: Fluff can be changed as much as you'd like it to! My chapters fluff went from a legion of shamed marines redeeming themselves to a violent bunch of crusaders scouring the stars of unbelievers and heretics. My advice would be to look for inspiration in real life, I got my fluff and paint scheme from real world English crusaders.

So, unless you really love the fluff of your chapter, I'd suggest looking for some sort of inspiration for color or a name, and fluff will easily come from there.

If you love your fluff however, I think the name Revenants would work well. It literally means "One who returns after death", and metaphorically your marines have both faced death (the necron slaughter) and risen from those ashes, and spiritually died (they have turned from the Emperor's light) and returned to serve chaos...

I hope any of these two suggestions helps you out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for your ideas they have been useful to me and will continue to be grateful of any other ideas that your may have, Have already taking the suggestions into consideration and have change my colour scheme slightly because of this.

Thank you keep the ideas coming!
    I have a picture of my HQ here so you can get the feel of my army!
    Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great! I hate edging on models but for black character models it becomes necessary. Just finished painting up my Chaos Exalted Hero with black armor so its still fresh in my mind.

Can't wait to see where this goes, name, color, and fluff wise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, I really like the Reclaimers, but I think any sort of holy name, such as the aforementioned Zealots. I think that a Chapters name can also reflect how they fight in a battle, so what is your army like?

Nitt
    Nittsua... Eldar and Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm it is nice, They used to be great belivers in delivering death to the face of the enemy and getting into clost combat to meet a foe was the greatest honer a marine could have, but since there chapter's great battle with necron in which they lost many of the chapters numbers they have a great deal of zeal for any enemy and they now see the only way to fight is to get close and destroy there enemys, somtimes the only person keeping them inline in combat is there chaplain leader as they are thought to be subseptible to blood lust and beserk behavour.
    ----------
    Just had another idea off what you said, The Warriors of Incruentus

Which means The Warriors of Bloodlust.
    What do you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

here's one for ya....

Angels Et Verum
    Ad Libero Suus Levis et Regimen
    To Deliver His Light and Guidance

enjoy =)

CR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm that does sound kinda cool, what does that translate to is it angels of true body/mind or something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast