2 Dreads In 1000pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it a seroiusly bad idea to have 2 dreadnoughts (lets say one with plasma cannon and one with t.l lascannon) in 1000pts. The only quible I have is the 2 attacks in CC, but so many have advised against it. What do you think?

Never drink more than 2 Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters unless you are a thirty-ton Mega Elephant with brocal pheomonia!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first waht chapter are you playing as, and if you have infantry to support it then try it out. I usually wouldn't do it, mainly because i have only one dreadnought. And i would usually pick one role for them. close oriented combat or long range shooting.
    <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:black'>Order Of the Black Rose</span>
    <span style='color:red'>Blood God&#39;s Initiate</span>
    </span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say for the points your waisting on the dreads your nutz LOL. Base dread is 75 points I think. Im sure any space marine chapter can think of a better use of 150 points. and thats base cost. not to mention the additional weapon changes you make.

I think youz crazy man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on what army you&#39;re playing against. If it&#39;s against, say, a swarmy Guard army with no vehicle-killing power at all, go for it. If they even have so much as two Missile Launchers, forget it.
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>[Subliminal message] I AM KING [/Subliminal message]</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even if I take out the most expensive Dread I only have 125pts to play with (Barely 5 Assult Marines, no upgrades). From what you say, would it be better to remove both and have 200 odd points to use? I&#39;m not sure how well Dreads can do, but it sounds like they are a little too vunreble.
    Never drink more than 2 Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters unless you are a thirty-ton Mega Elephant with brocal pheomonia&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, it all depends on what army you are playing. If you dropped one dread, you could put in another six man combat squad that you could give a heavy weapon to. That&#39;d be more cost effective, most likely, than your one vulnerable point sink.
    &quot;Can you put that in a memo and title it &#39;***** I already know&#33;&#39;&quot;
    ~Sarge

Church: &quot;Ok, so we&#39;re agreed? You first&#33;&quot;
    Sarge: &quot;Get on with it, Griff.&quot;
    Griff: &quot;I&#39;d just like everyone to know: that I suck.&quot;
    Church: &quot;And?&quot;
    Griff: &quot;And that I&#39;m a girl...&quot;
    Church: &quot;What else?&quot;
    Griff: &quot;And I like ribbons in my hair, and I want to kiss all the boys.&quot;
    Sarge: &quot;This has to be the best surrender of all time.&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it also depends what size board you are playing on. If you play on 4x4 or less, then you might be able to use cover to get into close combat. It would also be a scary sight to see on the battlefield. I guess someone could label it cheesy, but you would be taking a risk for two well placed shots to kill one third of your army. But two dread could very well kill anything in close comabt at 1000 points&#33; Good luck, and use cover. Hull Down is Good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x8)

Is it crazy? ....yes

Dude, IMHO, it doesn&#39;t matter what army your facing. 2 Dreds in 1000 points is....well, Not good.

Considering that a dred is what? About 8 Marines?
    But then meh, your talking to a guy who MIGHT take one in his 2000pt list. So...

But having said that, I have 3 Dreds. I would only like one in 1000 points if I needed too.
    Want to chat? You can normally find me in the LO CHAT!
    LO CHAT! JOIN US NOW AND BECOME A GOD OF BACON.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, if I removed the lascannon Dread (I really like Plasma cannons) Would Plain Marines be the best replacement? Them or a few Assult marines perhaps?
    Never drink more than 2 Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters unless you are a thirty-ton Mega Elephant with brocal pheomonia&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x8)

In regards to firepower, no a Ten man tac squad won&#39;t beat a Dreds for Str.

But what you then have to remember is, that a Dred is one model. Where as a Tac squad of 10 with a plasma gun, is 10 models. 9 Bolters and one Plasma. ALL of which rapid fire. 10 to 20 shots of Boltery, plasma like goodness.

The Plasma can still take out tanks if you ever need it to, and if you want to risk it, because lets face it. Bolters can&#39;t kill stuff that has an armour value of 11+ So your Bolter shots will be wasted, unless of course your shooting rear armour or bikes.

Fair enough, when it comes to soaking fire, the dredy will take alot of it because people will go "OMG OMG OMG A DREDY ARGHHHHH KILL IT, KILL IT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;"

But you already have one, so there is no need to take two. Not in 1000 points anyway, I think it would just be a waste.

As for the Hvy Plasma. Good. Its goot a good Str, and a Space Marine killing AP, and its a blast marker =^___^=
    Want to chat? You can normally find me in the LO CHAT!
    LO CHAT! JOIN US NOW AND BECOME A GOD OF BACON.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast