"Empire" Imperial Guard? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Empire" Imperial Guard?

Now, this isn't about the Fantasy Empire; but instead the Star Wars Empire. I'm a big fan of The Galactic Empire from Star Wars. I always liked them; and even kinda sympathized with them. Plus, the correlation between them and the Imperial Guard is pretty easy. Both ruled by an Emperor wiith "psychic"/"force" powers, Tons of Soliders that all look the same, the reliance upon "blaster rifles"/"Lasguns"... Hell, even the AT-ST's and Sentinels look almost exactly alike!
    So, I've considered building a Galactic Imperial Guard army... but how? Do I use Space Marine heads on Cadian bodies, and paint it all white? What about the composition of the list itself? Mech? Treadhead? Footslogging? I'm strugglin here! So, my fellow Imperial Commanders... after you do your jobs and report me to the Inquesition for such Heresy... help me out here?

112th Cadian Rifles - Since January 2009
    2/3/3
    MY Record - Overall 4/5/5

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

There was a discussion on Dakka about this.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

We played a game called "The battle of Endor - The true story". We used proper starwars models but 40k rules. It was a sickening bodycount of ewoks when light repeating blasters took their toll. Who would have thought that wave assaults of teddybears wouldn't work against the Empires finest.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar_Dixon View Post
    So, I've considered building a Galactic Imperial Guard army... but how? Do I use Space Marine heads on Cadian bodies, and paint it all white?
    White painted Kasrkin look nice, but regular cadians don't look too bad - you can greenstuff the helmets to make fleet troops (the black helmet guys)

Vader - Emperor's champion with the head converted from the old steel legion officers
    Palpatine - Lokk from forge world, with a different sword
    Fett - Kasrkin sarge, converted (new head, etc)

Use the DH and/or WH codex for palpatine and vader - inquisitors with force weapons, scourging(lightning), etc. If you grab palpatine as a lord from WH he can take crusaders as his royal guard.
    Alternatively take a canoness/palatine with a jump pack, brazier of holy fire, etc - as fett.
    (only way to get both is to play WH and induct the speeders and AT-STs - though that does give you the orbital strike)

Then just tag on sentinels and rough riders(speeders) and you are done.
    -IIRC the speeders i've seen were made from parts of a dark eldar jetbike.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

I thought about doing something like this, the answer I came up with was to use marines, but don't put the shoulderpads or backpacks on. Then lengthen the bolter with pasgun parts. File off the chest mounted imperium symbols.

Put modified marine bikers in the sentinel cockpits.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

+ Reply to Thread