Kitting a BC or GM - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Kitting a BC or GM

So I am thinking of playing in a 1500 point tournament. It looks like I might be facing 2 or 3 CSM and maybe 1 Daemons army. How would you kit a BC and or GM for anti-chaos/daemon for a 1500 point tournament? Thank you for your help.

Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Firstly, a retinue is a must. Strive to get at least 4 GKTs around your GK Hero. Helps him survive and really makes the unit a hammer for your opponent to fear.

Sacred incense is a must.

A psychic hood wouldn't go amiss, at least for the inevitable Lash of Submission.

You really don't need any more than that. You are giving these guys a pimped out GK LRC for their ride, right? In which case, an incinerator in the retinue would be perfect. Maybe consider a 2nd incinerator on the BC Hero, or a psycannon, but they aren't necessary.

All the other stuff that you commonly see -- e.g., icon of the just -- just aren't necessary. Keep the unit cheap and focused and spend the points elsewhere.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

Personally I would use a BC, a GM is just too heavy a point cost for a 1500 game.
    5th E Sand(Grey) Knights: 11-3 (retired) 5th E Eldar: 37-4 (retired) 5th E Wolves 5-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Thank you number6. I like your idea. As for the pimped out LRC not to sure about that. The ride is worth another PAGK squad. I do like the idea of it but am not sure about it. I would think more troops would be better. Then again I have only played maybe 5 games of 5th ed.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Hmm. Well, if you can't afford a LRC for the big boys, I think the only other viable approach is to use them as a mobile psycannon firebase: 2 psycannons and footslog 'em at max range. They will prove to be very annoying and dangerous to the enemy but nearly impossible to scrape off the table with shooting. And who wants to assault them? With a bit of tactical acumen, you should still be able to get a decisive assault in with the boys, but that isn't their primary role anymore.

The one potential issue is that the shooty GKT unit can be built smaller with an Elites unit: just 3 models needed! You must field at least 4 if you're going to do this via your HQ choice. It's never bothered me much when I do it -- I still take 5 models -- but it's not necessarily the most "efficient" thing you can do with them at that point.

If you're going to let your GKTs be dismounted for any length of time, and knowing you're going up against Lash, I would also recommend Unguents of Warding. You'll get your psychic hood save (either because you have the Hood or because you have LD 10 GKTs taking their Aegis armour version of it), but that works only about 40% of the time. Having a 50% chance to outright deny enemy psyker powers from affecting you even after failing a psychic hood/Aegis test is golden.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apart from the CSM/Daemons list you may face others though... so putting too much anti-stuff could be a waste...

I would personally take BC in 1500. Give him psychic hood as it will help against lash and against Eldar if you meet them and against some Tyranid powers also if you meet them.

Along with the hood give him sacred incense if you are sure you will meet Chaos guys and an incinerator both for actual fighting and for denying inv saves on the Daemons.

As a list after 5th on a pure GK basis I dont get the GK Termies like no6, I prefer to go for the 3rd unit of PAGK myself...

something like BC + Gear, 3 x PAGK (6 or 7 of them I dont recall how the list plays exactly) and 3 x LR with Smokes and Extra armor. Simple, elegant and potent. 3 things to capture objectives with and another 3 to deny them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

I am going to take all under consideration and will be posting a list soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say drop the Psycannoned BC and Friends for a mobile firebase as No6 said.

If you really want the GM, Give him a MC PW for the extra attack... but you'll need to DS or the LRC as stated to get him in it faster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

If you are going to make them a mobile firing squad then obviously you'll want psycannons. Against daemons though you can't really get a better tool than an incinerator. 3 hits tops w/ psycannon vs. as many as you can fit w/ incinerator. I would only take one if you expect to get up close and personal, but against a daemon player they will cringe and run away as quickly as possible as soon as they see that (psycannons too, but they'll run faster when they see the incinerator just to stay out of range).

I love taking an incinerator in most lists, shoving it in there however I can, just to be able to make daemons and those mother-f-ing eldar warlocks with fortune from that jerk Eldrad suck a fat one. (I really REALLY hate fortuned warlocks and harlequinns, gives my SM lists so much crap)

I'm not saying you need it on the GKTs, they actually work better as a gun platform, always threatening to descend and cut loose, but I would get one in there somewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Cerrik View Post
    If you really want the GM, Give him a MC PW for the extra attack... but you'll need to DS or the LRC as stated to get him in it faster.
    Power weapon doesn't give the extra attack.

PL
    I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast