Chimelta/flamettas - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chimelta/flamettas

2 x Veteran Squads with meltas
    2 x Veteran Squads with flamers

With enough points for two CHIMERAs and two VALK/VENDETTAS.

In a perfect world, which squads go airborne? I'm no guru, but it seems like the flamers should go airborne in VENDETTAS... That way the CHIMELTA squads can pop transports and the CHIMERA HF could burn the escaping troops. Conversely, the Vendettas can pop transports and drop off flamer vets to do the same.

Is it true, these things that I speak of?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

If your going to put flamer vets in a valk/vend you may as well make the a special weapon squad to save points. 50 points gives you 3 SWS flamers while the vets need 85 points for the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats the truth, and a great point. However, SWS has lower BS. No Sergeant (to potentially add a Power Fist to),and no posibility for a Heavy Flamer either.

But yeah, its a trade off. Im just wondering if the flamers are better in CHIMERAS or VEND/VALK...
    I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Well, flamers will do great in both transport options (as will meltaguns).

However I think meltas gain from the extra speed just a bit more. The targets of meltaguns are often transports and shooting tanks. The more remote the place a transport dies, the more its death is worth (as the transports contents are now marooned), so it pays to be able to get to the enemy transport when it is in hard to get to places (like in the enemies deployment zone). Shooting tanks will also be a great distance away, so the flyer is more suited.

The flamer does not need this speed so much (but needs to be able to go faster then 6" to be effective). The targets of a flamer (assualt troops and deep strikers) will eventually have to come to you, and its just as easy to kill them when they have arrived as it would be to kill them while they are far away.

So I say in ideal conditions; put the meltas in the flyers and the flamers in chimeras.
    Last edited by kroxigor01; August 12th, 2009 at 02:05.

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by reziztor View Post
    Thats the truth, and a great point. However, SWS has lower BS. No Sergeant (to potentially add a Power Fist to),and no posibility for a Heavy Flamer either.
    Why is lower BS an issue when you're using Flamers anyway?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by reziztor View Post

But yeah, its a trade off. Im just wondering if the flamers are better in CHIMERAS or VEND/VALK...
    Here is a thought for flamers in a chimera. You leave them in the vehicle to fire out the top. If someone assaults the vehicle and even manages to destroy it, they vets get out and use the flamer son the assaulting unit next turn as they get no consolidation move after assaulting a vehicle and will be very bunched up.

If you had to choose, I would at least one of the melta vets in a valk due to being able to skim over enemies and drop them real close for some very nice positioning for tank killing (side/rear armor).
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    http://www.gamesandhobbies.com/ New Location Open on the north end!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravendove View Post
    Why is lower BS an issue when you're using Flamers anyway?
    Well, they cant ALL have flamers.

kroxigor01 & Torden make excellent points. Thanks.
    I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things.

CKO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

It doesnt matter you can decide which one to put in your vendetta before the game. If your opponent is using hordes put flamers in it, if you think the terrain is a problem and chimeltas are not going to be able to get the job done put meltaguns in the skimmer where you can fly over the terrain and use meltaguns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

288 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Ckok View Post
    It doesnt matter you can decide which one to put in your vendetta before the game.
    But you can't start the squad in someone else dedicated chimera at the start of the game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

He said Vendetta, not Chimera.

Edit:

I see what you mean now. Still, it shouldn't be a problem deploying the troops next to the empty transport.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast