"High tech guards" - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"High tech guards"

Hello

When the plastic cadians come out I'm thinking of starting an imperial gurad army. I would like the theme to be a well equiped force. Im thinking of ordering a lightning strike (for close air support) and use comm links and other "tech" upgrades. What do you think about that idea, is it worth a try???

Octavius

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: "High tech guards"

They have a Armaggedon IG stormtrooper army kinda like that except, they are SM scout models converted into Stormtroopers, in the Chapter Approved 2003. But if you want to be original, then that is an excellent idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it would be pretty awsome, especially with the Cadian models.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im not really sure about that.... it would make for a great looking army but the strength of the guard lies in tanks and numbers, so in order to give every squad a comlink or something like that you could end up spending points on squads to make them marginally better, whereas those points could be used to buy another platoon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The cost of a comm-link is 5pts per squad. If you had a platoon of 2 squads and a command section, that would be 15pts. You can't buy a platoon with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Yea its a great idea. You could buy the new dropship IG thing Forge world are making. That model rocks but is expensive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it expensive points wise?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

command section commlinks are 10 points and the squads are 5 and HQ is 15 being that you have to have two troop choices and an HQ and if each has a commlink thats what .... 55 points which although cant buy another squad on its own save 5 points somewhere else or go over a little and there ya go, but my main point is just to demostrate that the little addons add up a lot which can be used to increase the size of your army but its your own personal choice i just dont think the comms are worth it because i normally have my command sections up at the front fighting with the troops and since any unit with 12 inches gets their bonus comms just arent worth it for to me

Closed Thread