Vindicators come with storm bolters??? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vindicators come with storm bolters???

Alright, so this has been bugging me.

I recently bought 3 Vindicators, for my LR w/ Assault Termies, Dreadnaught, and Vindicator army.

In the Space Marine Codex Vindicators are listed as 115, and in their wargear it says it comes with Demolisher cannon, Storm bolter, Smoke Launchers, Searchlight. NOW, it also has the option of taking a storm bolter for an upgrade. So does it come with 1 and you can add a 2nd, or is it supposed to come with 0 and you can add 1 and they just messed up.

I'd really like to put my tanks together, but don't know if I should throw hull mounted storm bolters on all of them or what. Thanks!

-Z

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Vindicator weapons are demolisher cannon and storm bolter.

So if you buy a storm bolter from wargear, it would have a demolisher cannon and TWO storm bolters.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Which

Which would mean that your tank will be worth something even if your opponent gets that lucky weapon destroyed result they were looking for. A vindicator churning four S4 shots each turn is still an asset.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zarahemna View Post
    Which would mean that your tank will be worth something even if your opponent gets that lucky weapon destroyed result they were looking for. A vindicator churning four S4 shots each turn is still an asset.
    indeed, it serves as a good deterrent against your opponent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x4)

Yep, it comes with one by default with the option of buying a second.
    "Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!"
    -This space for rent-
    Salamander project log

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, well thats good to know. Its weird that they didn't model a storm bolter onto the actual tank/gun then. Even the photographs i've seen of peoples constructed vindicators don't show the additional storm bolter added on. So I'm guessing I should cut one up and model it on, THEN also have a pintle mounted one with someone using it?

I also wanted to use seige shields. With the additional terrain everyone is throwing around in 5th edition I figured it'd be nice to drive my tanks through it rather than around it to get better firing positions. With both the seige shield and extra storm bolter the tank seems rather expensive though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about a dozer blade instead of siege shield - you still have to take a dangerous terrain test, but you can reroll it - works fine for me.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

think i could just claim the giant shield is a dozer blade?

i just think it looks too bad@#$ compared to the dozer blades... or would people complain on the WYSIWYG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My question to see if I'm understanding the vehicle weapon rules on pg 58-59 would be the following. Is the storm bolter most marine vehicles come with a hull-mounted weapon or does it fall under the bolt-on clause under the pintle-mounted weapons bullet? I think it is a hull-mounted weapon but I just want to query the online community to see their opinions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x4)

I assemble my storm bolter on the pintle mount on my Vindicator. For my Rhinos I generally attach the SB to the disk it can fit into then place it into one of the two slots where the hatch/pintle mount goes.
    Last edited by Chirality; August 20th, 2009 at 18:50.
    "Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!"
    -This space for rent-
    Salamander project log

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast