New To Daemonhunters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

New To Daemonhunters

After getting bored of playing Necrons (and always losing), I recently made the decision to start a DH army. Whilst I've already got a Dreadnought, Rhino, 4IST's, a 5 man GK squad, and both the Vindicare and the Callidus assassin.

I'm aware I'll need an Inquisitor and a GKH, but what direction would be best to take the army, and what models would it be advisable to get?

Thanks in advance. V.

Grey Knight WIP Thread <Clicky>

I am the Hammer...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

From Necrons to the DH? Man, you really do like to challenge yourself, don't ya?

Seriously, if the reason you want to switch from 'crons to DH is because you want a better army ... well, OK, the DH is a better army. (It is, after all, pretty difficult to be worse than the Necrons.) But don't kid yourself: it ain't no Space Marines or Imperial Guard, clearly the two finest army codexes currently available.

IMHO, the best DH army build -- and I do think it is quite competitive, actually -- is currently being discussed in the Are ISTs Making a Comeback? topic.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

66 (x2)

thanks for the link

yes, i like challanges i dont like playing armies every man and his dog plays, the main reason i chose DH as a second army was for to challenge my painting skills, i just need some idea of what i need to get for them now

I am the Hammer...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

if you like paintng I think DH is the best place to be--- or rather any of the Ordo style armies WH, DH combined forces or full GK etc

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

66 (x2)

yeah, im having lots of fun, and finding it really challenging to paint them, the heraldry on the GK's is fun, if not frustrating to do, they get the approval of the GW manager at my local store though

I am the Hammer...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

they approve of anything, though once I was told in response to me showing a vampire count I painted "Its pretty hard to **** that model up" so not really stellar reviews :x

if you look at the flip thru on the vraks 3 book you can get a neat idea about some alternate DH paint schemes--- an awesome green/blue inquisitor rhino in there and rex is painted a kind of green in the poster.( on the forgeworld website)

otherwise I havent seen much variation from red white and black; DH/WH have a hard time escaping those three colors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by number6 View Post
    Seriously, if the reason you want to switch from 'crons to DH is because you want a better army ... well, OK, the DH is a better army. (It is, after all, pretty difficult to be worse than the Necrons.) But don't kid yourself: it ain't no Space Marines or Imperial Guard, clearly the two finest army codexes currently available.

Could not agree more, the DH are better in 5th then 4th in part because LR are better and the most competitive lists feature them heavily and in part because of our solid troop choices and good termies but DH are still a tier 3 army on the whole. If you want a particularly good army you wont go far wrong with Number 6 suggestions. Its worth bearing in mind that you still have time to switch if you want and use the models you already have as allies. The best army is generally reckoned to be Orks though IG may go a long way to prove preconceptions wrong, given there codexs is littered with goodies. The SM codex is strong in that it offers lots of options, some very solid. DH are flexible and fun but need a skilled hand, that said they are also extremely rewarding partly because they are challenging.

There has been quite a lot of good info of late online so take a moment to read up for tips.
    Key things for an Ork to remember in the heat of battle:

Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn
    When the pin is pulled, Mr. Stickbomb is not our friend
    When in doubt empty the magazine.
    And most importantly AIM towards the Enemy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

66 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Concilliator View Post
    they approve of anything, though once I was told in response to me showing a vampire count I painted "Its pretty hard to **** that model up" so not really stellar reviews :x
    and i quote 'i dont think i could have done a better job on them myself', although i know what they say should be taken with a pinch of salt, the only thing wrong he could find with them was that i need to layer my whites when i paint large areas, rather than jsut putting it all on in one go and it not drying evenly

Quote Originally Posted by Roehug View Post
    Could not agree more, the DH are better in 5th then 4th in part because LR are better and the most competitive lists feature them heavily and in part because of our solid troop choices and good termies but DH are still a tier 3 army on the whole. If you want a particularly good army you wont go far wrong with Number 6 suggestions. Its worth bearing in mind that you still have time to switch if you want and use the models you already have as allies. The best army is generally reckoned to be Orks though IG may go a long way to prove preconceptions wrong, given there codexs is littered with goodies. The SM codex is strong in that it offers lots of options, some very solid. DH are flexible and fun but need a skilled hand, that said they are also extremely rewarding partly because they are challenging.

There has been quite a lot of good info of late online so take a moment to read up for tips.
    i was well aware that DH's got screwed over in 5th, however i still went with DH's purely because i'd rather lose more games than i win with a well painted army that i enjoyed making, than win all my games with an army ive jsut slapped with a paint brush because i couldnt be bothered with putting the effort in, after all the only reason i play is to have fun

I am the Hammer...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just so you are aware just posted a thread that may or may not interest you http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ion-rules.html. It outlines alternative inductions rules that are much more favourable and carry semi official approval. You may want to show these to your gaming group and ask if they are allowable. If they are you have all the more options available to you to help build the army that suits you best
    Key things for an Ork to remember in the heat of battle:

Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn
    When the pin is pulled, Mr. Stickbomb is not our friend
    When in doubt empty the magazine.
    And most importantly AIM towards the Enemy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

66 (x2)

was talking this through with someone today, and i was told that having a Witchhunter army with Daemonhunters as allies, how would you know which units your able to take? as i dont believe it says anywhere in either codex - it only says for if you want to take SM or IG as allies

I am the Hammer...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast