Lascannon Hero! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lascannon Hero!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lascannon Hero!

Just today i played a 1500 point battle against a friend who recently got a baneblade. Now we are quite new to the game so this was the first super heavy vehicle i had played against. So i decided to take an anti Armour list. well not really but i took three vaquishers one with pask in it. So through out the game they were taken out one by one and every shot at bane blade but one missed!! Except for another that got two ones for penetration. And the lascannons from said tanks had basically the same effect.

My unit of the game was a lone lascannon team that proved their worth by killing the baneblade and a nearby land raider and taking a wound of of abbadon in one shot. Now the squad had been taken down to the one squad but i will say man cause his loader fell off.

Previously in the game the three lascannons had taken down a chaos dreadnought and a defiler after sustaining a shot from a baneblade. In turn 5 they were angry!!. So after my last vanquisher failed again (sigh) i casually ordered the lascannon team to open fire. I expected them to miss or nor penetrate and i assumed the game lost because he held a bastion with ten marines he had a land raider at full strength, a baneblade at full strength and abbadon with 3 wounds.I had 1 immobilized vanquisher. one tech priest with 5 servitors. Three full squads of guardsmen, platoon command squads. Also a lone senior officer. Oh and don't forget the man i nick named Jesus, he rolled a four to hit and a six to penetrate. I was shocked. then i rolled a six and shivered with anticipation. knowing my luck i would now fail. but yay a six. My opponent was slapping himself then i rolled the final dice...... a six!!.

After calming down and stopping my victory dance i rolled on the super heavy table and got an apocalyptic explosion, i rolled and got another six causing an apocalypse explosion. I rolled and hit abbadon nearby, 1 wound yarrick and a land raider. i rolled a six then a 5 against the land raider. Abbadon took a wound yarrick died (finally, he had fell 4 times before). My opponent then gave in and huzzah!

sorry i guess this post was unnecessary but have you ever had any normal unit super heroes? e.g an invincible guardsmen.

p.s If this man isn't promoted to war master or at least general i will melt my senior officers head.

Last edited by ChocolateGork; August 26th, 2009 at 16:39. Reason: Bad spelling, to many smilies and i halfed the size! Also paragraphs
    I know you may find the Tyranids physically repellent to look at but believe me, you don't want to let them out of your sight.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Okay, that post was excessive. Too many all-caps and smilies stopped me reading the whole thing but, uh, well done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

Oh dear Lord, I didn't even try.

I don't mean to sound rude, but this is just a word of advice. If you'd like to have people read your posts please make them in fact readable. Reading blocks of text with poor punctuation, excessively unnecessary capitalization and emoticons, or routine misspellings is actual a labor. People don't like to do it because it requires much more mental effort than reading a well constructed post.

I'm sure you've got a nice tale to share, but if you actually want people to share in it you need to put a little more effort into making it reader friendly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Nice one. I've had 2 guardsmen rapid fire at a termie lord and take off all of his 3 wounds wiith their 4 shots. I just love these epic moments.

The Emperor Protects
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

UnderWater Ninja-Tiger .. Xpyre35's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x3)

Apparently the Emperor didn't protect the Termies.

To the OP: yes, I quite often have a standard unit my game MVP, typically its my Assault squads flamer Marine, who quite often accounts for more killing wounds than anything else in my army. Although my last game, Telion survived soo many wounds it was ridiculous, allowing him to hold an objective in Planetstrike, giving the Ultramarines the victory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Not IG, but I've had 5 SM Termies shoot and assault my 10 Necron warriors. They shoot, hit some but I save all. Assault, Termie leader swings with his power sword and misses all his attacks. The Necrons hit 7, wound 5, my opponent rolls five 1s. Not bad, IMHO.
    Necron Army Building Maxima: Beware of Phase Out
    Tervigon Conversion

+ Reply to Thread