Dark elf cold ones as rough riders? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark elf cold ones as rough riders?

Hello, title says it all.

cold ones Dark Elf Cold One Knights | Games Workshop

Now I have never seen fantasy before, so first of all, would they be to scale?
    Would you see there being any hastle with an opponent?
    Has it been done before?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

As long as the unit appears to be cavalry of some kind and has a modelled lance, laspistol, CCW or equivalents I'm not sure why an opponent would give you a problem. Unless they are one of *those* types of people that complain just to complain or try to win through technicalities even when they don't exist. In which case I recommend not playing them.

That said I think the Cold Ones would make some pretty good mounts for Rough Riders. Do you have any idea of how you might convert the riders? Or do you plan on using the Attila the Hun crappy models?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking of using them as well but wasn't planning on converting them. seems like an awesome and easy way to get rough riders into it. Maybe i should strap a few las pistols to their sides or rifles to their backs calling them carbines to model them properly. otherwise, I think I might just use them plain as Dark Elfs in my army's color of paint...

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Having a Dark Elf army myself, it should work out well enough. All you really need are some spare IG heads; the Elf legs/torso/arms will be close enough in scale. Add a couple IG bits and you're all set.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am actually using the Cold Ones as the mounts, then taking the Chaos Marauder Horsemen as my riders, with a bit of conversions should look really bad ass. My army itself is chaos themed, I use empire Flagellants as my vertans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darguth View Post
    As long as the unit appears to be cavalry of some kind and has a modelled lance, laspistol, CCW or equivalents I'm not sure why an opponent would give you a problem. Unless they are one of *those* types of people that complain just to complain
    That said I think the Cold Ones would make some pretty good mounts for Rough Riders. Do you have any idea of how you might convert the riders? Or do you plan on using the Attila the Hun crappy models?
    To my new found knowledge they are mostly set, just need some heads and weapons. My major concern was the scale. I hope there is some on display so I can have a closer look. My friends are pretty chill, I have never played outside my friends, from your post it seems there are some killjoys around...

Quote Originally Posted by malbur View Post
    I was thinking of using them as well but wasn't planning on converting them. seems like an awesome and easy way to get rough riders into it. Maybe i should strap a few las pistols to their sides or rifles to their backs calling them carbines to model them properly. otherwise, I think I might just use them plain as Dark Elfs in my army's color of paint...
    Good to see I'm not the only one! Wouldnt mind to see how you went about it (if) when you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    Having a Dark Elf army myself, it should work out well enough. All you really need are some spare IG heads; the Elf legs/torso/arms will be close enough in scale. Add a couple IG bits and you're all set.
    Cheers, this is what I wanted to hear. I think the guys with helmets (minus the horns) may even be of use.

Quote Originally Posted by Washout81 View Post
    I am actually using the Cold Ones as the mounts, then taking the Chaos Marauder Horsemen as my riders, with a bit of conversions should look really bad ass. My army itself is chaos themed, I use empire Flagellants as my vertans
    Have you got any picture of this? That makes three of us who will charge the enemy with style!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you got any picture of this? That makes three of us who will charge the enemy with style!
    I don't have a pic of the riders yet, but I will try to convert them this weekend if I get the chance. My vets are almost done painting though, here is a pic.

IMGP0012small.jpg

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Beer and plasma guns at the same? Sweet Dark Gods of Chaos! Nice conversions.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

Oooo, Demo-charge made with the autocannon canister and the grenade throwing arm?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yessir!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast