Heavy Weapon Bases.... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heavy Weapon Bases....

How do you feel about your heavy guns on the MC or have the gun onna termie base?

Creativity aside, what tatic supports your reason?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We typically keep the heavy weapons and their crew on the large base, not a termie base, etc. This is due to the legality of the bases in question during tournaments so as not to lose on a technicality.

CKO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Agreed it would be considered cheating.

Now w/ English voice-over LastDinosaur's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x1)

"Creativity aside, what tatic supports your reason?"

Creativity is the only thing that'd make me do this, you can't just give models smaller bases for tactical benefits, that's cheating..

Feel free to model them on smaller bases though and then have some larger one that you can place the small bases on in tournaments or other games that aren't 'friendly'.. (all games should be, lol, but you get it)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

you can't just give models smaller bases for tactical benefits, that's cheating..
    Maybe. Everything is "true LOS" these days and you don't target the bases of models, so as long as you're careful with wound allocation and remember to discount a lasgun there's no difference. It might come up with close combat, true, but only if the HW team is the closest model to the target.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    169 (x4)

doesn't really matter, you're supposed to mount them with the bases the model currently comes with, and they come with those big ones, hence the old 'wtf' rants that went on for pages back when the valk first came out with its crazy big base. as well as when SM/CSM terminators got switched to plastic kits and larger bases than regular infantry, so all the old metal ones had to be rebased to be tournament legal.

if it were legal, the biggest thing about base size for the crews would most likely be on concerning how much space they take up in available cover that still allows for line of sight to shoot, ie hogging a window or building ledge while the rest of the squad has no space and has to sit behind unable to shoot... or some such, the general gist of it.

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cut 20 mm holes on my heavy weapons bases. This allows me to take out the second heavy weapon gunner to depict a wound. It also allows me to use the second gunner independently if i'm not using the heavy weapon in an army list.

Incidentally, i just learned chewing tobacco tins (skoal, kodiac, etc) are exactly 60mm, and work nicely as bases. Find yourself somebody who chews, and you can save a lot of cash on bases

+ Reply to Thread