:s Which Assasin - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive saved up 1 slot to chuck in an assasin.....I dont know whoc ones good but im looking towards Callidus or Vindicare..... someone help me !!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being Daemonhunter, Vindicare would probably prove useless, as you want some additional CC aid, (plus, the Vindicare is pretty cruddy no matter what.) The Eversor is cheap and effective, opening up a choice of more GKs, (if that's the army you're making it for, since I see you play DH.) If you want a nice backstab, though, Callidus is beautiful, especially against low Ld mobs like Imperial Guardsmen, and her phase sword tears them up too. But she's a good hunk of points.

But if you're going mainly stormtroopers, (heretic,) I'd suggest Vindicare just because you'll end up standing back and shooting... but your points would be better spent on more army than on a sniper that fires once per turn and only has 1 of each of those handy shots.

EDIT: Oh, and he can miss. And not wound. Once per turn.
    Every whisper of the future from the Warp speaks of a hundred battles lost, a thousand lives devoured and a million enemies born. -- Inquisitor Lord Babel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

hmm...Callidus if you're gunning for big invulnerable HQ characters, the assassins ability to move units around to suit their battle plans and deep strike in when they want can put them right where they want to be. The Eversor can tear anything apart in combat, and the vindicare if you want to take out certain things with pinpoint accuracy at range.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

my DH tactica has summaries of what each assassin type is good for. Use it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Eversor is the best because he is the least expensive, has loads of CC attacks that ignore armor saves and can take on tough creatures with his neuro-gautlet or vehicles with meltabombs.

In short he can take on basicly anybody and he gets to charge first almost always.
    For less than 100 points he is the only model anywhere near his price that can 10 attacks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

callidus assassins go hand and hand with deepstriking grey knights. the callidus drops down and enters close combat on the turn it arrives, while your grey knights deepstrike behind the skirmish. LoS is blocked and the grey knights cannot be shot (unless by a vehicle). The rules may change with the new unit sizes of 1,2, or 3, but it should work miracles in 3rd edition. "Warning" make sure you drop on a relatively weak group of soldiers. this tactic is marvelous vs tau and IG.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

then it sems il lget calldius and eversor, even tho i only use one.. have another for spare

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

I would get the Callidus;

No.1: They have good models
    No.2: They're fluff is cool
    No.3: Their Polymorphine rule is great
    No.4: Thier 'Flamer' works very will with the 'Polymorphine' rule
    No.5: 'A Word in Your Ear...' can be sooo useful sometimes.
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look at Meglo's tactics, they explain alot, plus you've had good advice here on the forum. I've used a vindicare to better success then most people. Someon had a topic before on how to use one correctly, ie take out guys with lightning claws and heavy weapons, not special chars. Calludius is generaly the most used, although eversor is a good cheaper option. Most important is to make sure you actualy have the points room for it. Some times and assaisin is not needed.
    Live life Dangerously

<a href='http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/194529' target='_blank'>http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/194529</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Callidus is best because it can kill characters and heavy weapon squads really well
    Grey Knights vs. orcs:
    1 down and a thousand more to go.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast