SO should I start a demon hunters list? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: what should be my next allies and eventually to army?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • witch hunters

2 16.67%
  • demon hunters

8 66.67%
  • go chaos or tau or something equally heretical/xeno

2 16.67%
  • just buy more guard and go apocalypse

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SO should I start a demon hunters list?

O, after recently getting back into the hobby after a 15 or so year break, I have just put together a guard army I am mildly pleased with and thought I would start a new army which I could start off allligned and build up. My initial two thoughts were demon hunter or witch hunters. so vote, which should be my next army?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daemonhunters is a decent army, but keep in mind that it is a 3rd edition codex... Your guard codex is brand spankin' new with the recent 5th edition update, so all of their rules and abilities are relevant and usable... The same can't be said for Daemonhunters, unfortunately.

But, if you go DHs, just look on the bright side: You could be Necrons.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

IG + DH/GK is a match made in heaven. One of the more fearsome armies that can be fielded these days, IMHO.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

The Voice of Reason RJSuperfreaky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by number6 View Post
    IG + DH/GK is a match made in heaven. One of the more fearsome armies that can be fielded these days, IMHO.
    I agree with #6. Especially if you are looking at using GK as the allies. I think that DH are better as allies than WH for IG, because they more efficiently address the weakness of IG, and vice versa.
    Marion: You're not the man I knew ten years ago.
    Indiana: It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.

For the last time, there are
    NO FEMALE SPACE MARINES!!!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus View Post
    But, if you go DHs, just look on the bright side: You could be Necrons.
    I personally think, on a whole, the DH has a worse setup than the Necrons. My 'crons do just fine in 5th edition. I've taken on many players, some of the longtime veterans, and done pretty darned well, thanks. Most DH players will tell you that the rules revisions have made half the codex so difficult to use you might as well call it useless. The WH are even worse off, whereas most of the Necron army is still very usable, even for beginners. The Necrons get a much worse rap than they deserve, I think.

We also have plastic models. Nyah.
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i dont really think necrons are that bad but the just remember DH or necrons are not the best by far so if u keep that in mind i say start either of them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you guys clear something up for me, can IG choose to have GK as allies? I think Grey Knights are the best looking models in the whole of 40k, but I dont feel like collecting Daemonhunters as they seem like a very old army that needs updating, puting me off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes they can be allies to guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

Allie in 2 PAGK squads with 2x Incinerators in each then put in a valk or chimera and watch whatever they smack into cry whilst the rest of the guard army lays the smack down from afar.

Also if you have DH then you are still aiming for an Appoc army as it don't matter to much what you use but IG and DH are perfect.

PL
    I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

DH are a challenge to play, that's for sure, even more so than Witchhunters. But it's also very gratifying when you win with them, more so than when I win with my guards or marines. Sure their codex is a little outdated, but that's not all bad. Because of codex creep, we actually have arguably one of the best HQ's in 40k with a weapon that will kill anyone, including Eternal Warriors, and some pretty nifty wargear such as psychic hoods and smoke launchers. And we can balance out some of our weaknesses (i.e. lack of bodies or ranged AT) by inducting Imperial Guards into our army. We also have the best anti-deepstriking unit in 40k (they make DH pretty competitve in Planetstrike games).

And like everyone said, IG + allied DH makes for a very potent combo. If you ever decide that DH is not really for you, you can still use them in your IG army.

With that said, I think Witch Hunters are just as fun to play as DH but more competitive. If you want to win more often, consider Witch Hunters.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast