Immolator list? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immolator list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Immolator list?

one thing i dont see much of or talked about is Immolator lists way is this does it suck that bad? im new the imperium and mech side of thing so can sum one fill me in.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

we talked about it some in the "are we stuck in fourth edition" thread...

I might also recommend the search function... it can help you...

=) welcome to our forum. talk away

We need more lively people ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzics View Post
    we talked about it some in the "are we stuck in fourth edition" thread...

I might also recommend the search function... it can help you...

=) welcome to our forum. talk away

We need more lively people ..
    hay thanks for the welcome

that thread is what got me thinking about the list haveing 6 - 9 Immolators sounds grate and with Holy Promethium on top of it it seems like a grate list seeing as i play at 2000pts. i can fit a lot of Immolators in my list but i do not see alot of this in the forum way is this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x2)

St John's tactica is about rhino chassis spam. I think he uses a lot of Immos.

IMHO, Immolators are a bit overpriced for what they actually do. They're not bad, but for a bit cheaper now you can induct a Vet squad with 3Meltas in a chimera.

most upgrades other than Extra Armor and smoke won't return your investment. Most armies you can wound with the Twin-linked flamers will be wiped out easily by them. Any forces that are difficult to wound will have high Ld.

I've used Hbolter Immos w/blessed ammo to decent effect, picking off rangers, or command squads, or SM scouts.
    check out Farmpunk's blog:
    the Back 40k

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by farmpunk View Post
    They're not bad, but for a bit cheaper now you can induct a Vet squad with 3Meltas in a chimera.
    As just posted by number6 in the daemonhunters forum - the IG FAQ is out and veterans squads are out with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x2)

I saw that last night too.

gads, why can't GW remain consistent among it's own divisions? don't they, y'know TALK to each other.

I suppose 'ard boys will obey the FAQ now.
    check out Farmpunk's blog:
    the Back 40k

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

I'm glad you can't Induct Vets, if you want the powerful units IG has, play IG. Getting Inducted Platoons is good enough. Just that one entry fills WH biggest weakness.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of Excess View Post
    I'm glad you can't Induct Vets, if you want the powerful units IG has, play IG. Getting Inducted Platoons is good enough. Just that one entry fills WH biggest weakness.
    Does mean you need a minimum of what, 70 guard in order to field and support units like the russ?

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

50 I believe. 4 10 mans and 2 5 mans.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
    Does mean you need a minimum of what, 70 guard in order to field and support units like the russ?
    That's the thing, though; the Sisters don't NEED support units like the Russ. The Guard have them because the Guard need them. Sisters don't because they don't. That's why you need 2 Platoons to take them; they're a bonus rather than a necessity, so the extra costs associated are "punitive", in a way.

The Immolator list doesn't suck at all; having 7+ twin-linked Heavy Flamers in any list is no bad thing, particularly not if they're carrying Meltaguns as well. It needs a bit of tweaking as far as I can see but the basics are there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast