Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
It's not particularly good news for us.
IG vets are not inductible.
And it appears that you can't get a leman russ squadron, either. You are, in fact, limited to exactly one LR battle tank only. No variants.
ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014
Big fat hairy ballz.
GW - No you can't have armoured fist squads any more BUT infantry platoons can have chimeras!!! How cool is that!!
Gamer - So I still have to take 50 men minimum if I want to induct anything? Thanks GW, big help.
Last edited by Pheonix Lord; September 4th, 2009 at 00:41.
I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand
Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.
Yeah, i was hoping they'd make an official faq similar to the adepticon one. We got hosed.
1) If we induct infantry platoons (base ~170 with 2 lasconnons), we get cheap access to chimeras, making 5 IST's with melta guns in a chimera a mere 125 points. This rivals the 155 points guard must spend on melta vets (albeit they get many more wounds)
2) You can take Straken (a special character) as a CCS character, giving "all friendly units" within yadee yadee inches furious assault
3) Nothing against putting PAGK's in valkyries/vendettas. This is a decent way to get two heavy flamers and a fair assault squad into the enemy's turf.
4) Nothing against using the culexus or callidus in conjunction with a psyker battle squad (though this is a low yield proposition)
5) Armoured sentinels are permitted. Three armoured sentinels and two lascannon dreads can put down a reasonable amount of firepower at range, with a good amount of AV12 to choose from.
6) Creed's "tactical genius" still allows any squad in your ARMY to outflank. Combined with an astropath, you can get your GKT's where you need them early in the game without deepstrike problems.
Downsides of the faq...
1) Orders don't work on DH allies (Which i suppose makes sense). Contrast Creed's "For the Honour of Cadia" order with Straken's innate ability to bestor furious charge on all friendly units.
2) No terminators in valkyries/ vendettas
3) Only ONE leman russ battle tank (though this is the most versatile imho). This is less advantageous than in the previous addition as "improved comm's" is no longer an upgrade for the LRBT
All in all, i'm bummed though.
/cheer for no Valkyrie Termies. Shame you guys got reamed so bad though.
Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!
Isn't this all stuff we knew anyway, though? I mean, I'm assuming the far-sighted amongst us had already seen the prohibition of Termie Airlines, Inducted Vets and Leman Russ Squadrons coming especially considering the last two were never, ever legal in any sense.
Also, considering armies with 2x GKT/LRC combos and 500,000 Guardsmen are still possible I don't see how we got reamed at all. If anything the clearing up of the Sentinel bollocks is a very good thing indeed, because we now have a reasonable Fast Attack choice to take alongside a Puritan DH army
I'm going to have to totally agree with FF here.. I think this is great news. Most of the worst 'You've got to be kidding me' type interpretations are now no longer there.
And more importantly (from my 'glass is half full' thinking) is that an 'OFFICIAL' source has new rules regarding the =][=.
'ard boyz.. while being kinda fun has never been anything beyond a sales-team inspired gimick.. Nice diversion but not getting the 'official' stamp.
The Inquisition armies are still in the minds (if not the hearts) of the Dev Team at GW.