Black Templar Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Templar Question

This is my first time posting anything on the forums. Also I am very new to Warhammer 40k, actually to be more accurate I am hoping to start playing with some friends within a few months. So my inquiry is if I wanted to play Black Templar's, how do I get the Black Templar units. I have seen the Sword Brethren, High Marshal, but how do I get the initiates, and such. Am I required to buy regular space marines, or assault marines, then buy the Chapter Upgrade.

Just to say as a side note, my friend and I plan to buy the Black Reach started set, and just start there. Based on what I have read about he Black Templar strats, lore, and the all important look, I think I would enjoy it.

If I miss placed this Question in the wrong forum, I apologize, and thank you ahead of time!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basic answer, yes. While Sword Brethren and the Characters can be purchased as is, almost every other unit will require you to but the Space Marine unit and Black Templar Upgrade sprues to add some character to the units.

The Black Reach units tend to have a bit of Ultramarine iconography on them, but you can use then as any Chapter.
    A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.
    Never forgive, never forget.

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

For CCW and Pistol Initiates you can get Assault Marines and remove the Jump Packs, or just add some things to a basic Marine. Strap a knife on him and a pistol holster, he's good. He'd still be holding a Bolter but that can be for show.

I don't think you HAVE to buy the Chapter Upgrade but it has some nice things. I'd just get on ebay and look for Assault Marines myself.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alrighty, thank you both very much. You answered a question that has been nagging me for awhile, but just to confirm, you think I would get the same effect for the Assault Marines if I just painted them with the Black Templar colors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They'd look fine, you don't really need to buy new shoulder pads and the such, just have the colour down is good enough imo.
    If you call it a Missile launcher, then it'll never hit anything.

100% of people who aren't Karmoon know Saraneth is invincible.

+ Reply to Thread