Topic of the Week! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Topic of the Week!

like i said in the "Our forum is boring..." thread im interested in staring topic of the week thread if you are like the SM and Tau have on this site so... what are your thoughts on this yay? nay? i think it will help liven up the the forum and get new readers to the site. for those of you who say "its such an old codex who needs a weekly topic on it?'' id say it's more of a reason to do it! were in 5th now a whole new game and a whole new beast.

ps. if you have sum topics you'd like the suggest to start off with pm me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Well there's already a lot of discussion on new lists such as Immo spam and Seraphim vs Dominion hidden in other threads.

Maybe discuss a new list, like SoB backed up by a lot of IG, or WH with a good Inquisitorial presence. Need more Eversor Assassins people!
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

What about WH with a good DH backing? I've said it before and I'll say it again: Park a DH Inq with 2 mystics behind your Exos. They will think twice before DSing near you again. If you know your opponent is going to be infiltrating, add an Auspex, Psycannon, and a Plasma Cannon. =D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

A WH army with GKs would also be cool. Keep them by your sisters as a charge deterrent. Not the greatest list but that would be one pretty army.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

115 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of Excess View Post
    A WH army with GKs would also be cool. Keep them by your sisters as a charge deterrent. Not the greatest list but that would be one pretty army.
    Actually, I run Footslogging with a GK backup and it works out wonderfully. It also works the otherway around as well, add a few squads of sisters with meltas for some cheap anti-armor the GKs need so very much.

It is also indeed a pretty army. I use a scheme similar to Argent Shroud (Here actually, I found the thread where I posted my cannoness. It's from febuary o.O) so I have this shiny force of holy hatred! I call it the Order of the Divine Ageus, a small secret order that fights along side of the Grey Knights to confront the witch at the source! I've been meaning to put together a little fluff story.

Back on topic, they compliment each other fantasically. I was honestly surprised the first time I played them together, and haven't let me down since. My favorite moment with them was against CSM bikers. 28 shots from my gals and and 12 from the guys who then charged. No more bikers and my PAGK where ready to engage a squad of marines camping in the crator that was once a rhino, and my sisters were set to light up a squad in a building being tied up by a pack of seras.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

I can see it working with the SoB Meched. They can drop armor threats and shield the GKs with the Rhinos. You can than control your own firelane and cover it with SBolter fire. The GKs could fulfill the role of Seraphim, only better because they can pose a more serious CC threat.

It'd be one of the harder lists to play but it would take people by surprise. :]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been thinking of expanding my current 1750 list with two inducted guard platoons (the junior officer w/2 Inf. Squads w/ lascannons) and a Leman Russ battle tank to fill my third Heavy Support slot...could be pretty awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

I'd take 1 Platoon and just max it. A Officer squad is a bit cheaper, but it's an easy KP and can't protect it's HW with bodies.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

I'm not an SoB player (yet... muahahaha), but I think this is an excellent idea. If you start enough of them, I'll sticky them or add them to the index.
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

115 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of Excess View Post
    I can see it working with the SoB Meched. They can drop armor threats and shield the GKs with the Rhinos. You can than control your own firelane and cover it with SBolter fire. The GKs could fulfill the role of Seraphim, only better because they can pose a more serious CC threat.

It'd be one of the harder lists to play but it would take people by surprise. :]
    The thing people don't realize about PAGK is they are very well rounded. I don't use them with the sole intention of getting them into melee combat, but rather as a means to end it. I don't see how they could possibley take on the role of a sera. If you're using seras as a CC threat, then I think you're doing something wrong. Seras are count assault, tank hunters, distractions, shock troopers, but they aren't meant to stay in melee combat. Shoot, jump in, wait, jump out, and do it again or go and work on something else. Then your girls come in and finish them off, while being backed by PAGK who can assault the survivors without worry, if thier extra guns haven't finished them off already.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast