Potential Ard' Boyz List Please Comment - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Potential Ard' Boyz List Please Comment

Vulkan He'Stan --- 190

Master of the Forge ---- 150
    + Conversion Beamer
    + Servitor with Heavy Bolter
    Elities
    Dreadnaught ---- 150
    + Multi-melta and Heavy Flamer
    + Drop Pod

Dreadnaught ---- 150
    + Drop Pod

Dreadnaught ---- 150
    + Drop Pod

Heavy Support
    Dreadnaught ---- 150
    + Drop Pod

Dreadnaught ---- 150
    + Drop Pod

Dreadnaught ---- 150
    + Drop Pod

Troops
    Tactical Squad ---- 210
    + Multi-melta and melta gun
    + Drop Pod

Tactical Squad ---- 210
    + Drop Pod

Tactical Squad ---- 210
    + Drop Pod

Tactical Squad ---- 210
    + Drop Pod

Tactical Squad ---- 210
    + Drop Pod

Tactical Squad ---- 210
    + Drop Pod

Total ---- 2500

I have yet to really try out this list yet but i was putting together some lists. This year I made it to the semis wit my 90 marines in drop pods but I unfortunately could not attend the semis. I have thought about this kind of list for some time now, and I have read and talked to many fellow Space Marine players about it. I really made this list around Vulkan's special ability of making my entire armies Melta and Flame weapons twin linked. I am a huge fan of that ability.

My tactics:
    Objectives always come first for my army. I usually make a wall of my pods around the objectives, forcing them to go around the sides where they are in perfect range of my Melta and Flame weapons. My squads usually split into combat squads, with my sargent and 4 bolter members actiing as guardians/ firing squads for the Meltas. The other half of my squad is the meltas and 3 bolters they act as tank destroyers heavy troop killers and objective holders. My dreads well, they do what their supposed to do deal with the monsterous creatures and make sure the combat squads dont get overwelmed. If my enemy destroys my pods I use them as cover for my firing squads. And then of course Vulkan can hold his own with his relic blade and his heavy flamer.

Anyway thats how I use this army and the conversion beamer techmarine is new to me Iv never used one before and dont know if I should. He was really for the dreadnaughts to go into the heavy support slots.

Anyway I am looking for any kind of advise to what I could make better, redo, or just get rid of. Please feel free to leave lots of comments and advise on how u would use a force like this and what you think you would redo in this potential Ard' Boyz list. And if anyone has any experience against a list like this please tell me how you overcame it so i can learn to avoid it. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

I don't think it would do well. Your Tactical Squads are good and there's plenty of them, but you're dropping Dreads into a 2500 point list, which will have more than enough guns to destroy them. Your MotF would be better on a Bike as well.

There's a lot of ways to counter A. Drop Pods and B. Dreadnoughts in general so I'm just not sure on the premise. Buy Pedro and loading up Pods with Sternguard would probably work out much nicer.

I do like you commitment to Meltas though. :]
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x3)

That's some melta-spam.

I think you will have problems in a very competitive enviroment. You get 6 pods in first turn. Even though you make a lot of kills, a well built IG, SM, orks or Chaos army who deploys everything on the table, will hit you hard back. And then you have to rely on luck on your reserve rolls.

And you will have problems against armies who hold everything in reserve.

I would have gone mech with rhinos.

And by the way - we have a armylist thread.

Last edited by Tyfus; September 8th, 2009 at 10:21.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im sry i didnt know their was an army list thread

Rhinos are a no go they have never been gud for me, I used to run the classic Rhino Rush but their jus lk paper cups they always blow up.

The sternguard is a great idea but I have to give up Vulkan's ability to do it. Or do I? Can I just put the stubborn/scoring unit tactic on the sternguard veterns and the twin-linked weapons on the rest of the army?

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

You can't pick and choose, it's one for the whole army. You don't need Pedro to take Sternguard though, just to make them scoring. They're still amazing as regular Elites, especially with Vulkan and Combi-Meltas.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Revised list:

HQ:
    Vulkan - 190
    Master of the Forge wit Conversion Beamer - 120

Elites:
    8 Sternguard wit 6 combi-flasmers and a melta gun in drop pod - 270

Heavy Support:
    Ironclad Dreadnaught with heavy flamer wit heavy flamer in drop pod - 180

Troops:
    10 Man Tact Squad with melta gun and multi-melta, sergeant with powerfist in drop pod - 235
    10 Man Tact Squad with melta gun and multi-melta, sergeant with powerfist in drop pod - 235

Fast Attack:
    Land Speeder Typhoon Variant with heavy bolter - 90
    Land Speeder Typhoon Variant with heavy bolter - 90

Total: 2500

What do u think?

+ Reply to Thread