What would you recomend? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would you recomend?

I'm starting a Space Wolves army, and I was wondering what you guys would recommend to start with. All I have now is the AOBR marines which I'm planning to convert into grey hunters. So what should I start with.

Some people are like slinkies...not really good for anything but still make you smile when you push them down the stairs.
    Clicky

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

AOBR is a good start. You will want to get the SW troop box when it comes out in october (I beleive the 3rd) That way, you can make those marines there, plus use the random bits to spruce up your AOBR marines. Also think about transports for your army. Rhinos are good. (but if you are going to get one, get a whirlwind/razorback/or predator and leave the weapon mounts detachable. That way you can use it as either and save some money. (I'm not sure if a razorback will be worth to have for SW. I doubt it since you can't combat squad, but I need to see the codex first to give a definite answer on that.) That should get you started. You'll also need some HQ, but you can use the captain model and the dred for a start.
    FYI: Lose=To not win Loose=To not be tight There=A place Their=A person's They're=They are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x1)

I agree, the AoBR set is just too good to pass up. The Dreadnought and the Marines are easily converted (well, kind of easily). But a good investment would be some transports (Rhinos/Razorbacks or Drop Pods). Mainly because those models aren't changing and pretty much every mech force is based on these transports.

I would wait to buy scouts/Blood Claws in case new models are coming out (not sure if they are). Pretty much any power armored marine can be turned Space Wolf with the conversion kit. Hopefully.

-Dark

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Yeah I'd go with transports as well. If it's space wolves, get a Librarian. The SW Librarians are probably in the Top 5 best models in the game. No army should ever be without one.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by darkspawn327 View Post
    I agree, the AoBR set is just too good to pass up. The Dreadnought and the Marines are easily converted (well, kind of easily). But a good investment would be some transports (Rhinos/Razorbacks or Drop Pods). Mainly because those models aren't changing and pretty much every mech force is based on these transports.

I would wait to buy scouts/Blood Claws in case new models are coming out (not sure if they are). Pretty much any power armored marine can be turned Space Wolf with the conversion kit. Hopefully.

-Dark
    BCs are included in the Wolf Pack box. It has enough parts to make 8 BCs with BP/CCW. You can also use it to make WG in addition to GH. It also has conversion parts to make scouts into wolf scouts.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

+ Reply to Thread