Legion of the Dammed? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legion of the Dammed?

I play Star Phantoms , A space marine chapter from the badab wars, here is its link :Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy & Wargaming News | Bell of Lost Souls: PLAY AID: Badab War
    I want to know wat other SM think about the legoin of the dammed, personally, they work great for me, but how do you guys in this vast forum, think about them and how i use them. Here is my list.
    HQ
    Captain Androcles ...175
    Androcles’Specters w/...140
    Elites
    Ironclad w/ 2 Hunter Killers, Hurricane Bolter, Chain Fist ...155
    10 Legion of the Dammed w/Heavy Bolter...305
    10 Legion of the Dammed w/Heavy Bolter...305
    Troops
    10 Tacs w/ Meltagun, Power Fist...200
    10 Tacs w/ Meltagun, Power Fist...200
    i know this is an army list but this has to de with the legion of the dammed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

They're a huge waste of points. They have no place in a competitive lists. You're payinf more points for a unit with no amazing guns, no amazing CC ability. They just have a great save, which can still be torrented down by any Rapid Fire guns. There are better units you can get for any job you can think of for them.

They're just a crap unit with awesome fluff that GW messed up on in my opinion.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

They're best used as Deep-Striking terrain pieces to clog up the board and annoy, plus having a DSing multimelta that can't be killed with a single Meltagun shot isn't a bad thing. They're most definitely a novelty item though, and not a unit you would base an army around.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fugger View Post
    They're best used as Deep-Striking terrain pieces to clog up the board and annoy, plus having a DSing multimelta that can't be killed with a single Meltagun shot isn't a bad thing. They're most definitely a novelty item though, and not a unit you would base an army around.
    I would agree ith this, I personally find them a huge waste, although could be usefull kitted out with some melta weapons, A mnimal squad with a multi melta meltagun and combi melta have some decent albeit expensive firepower at busting tanks with slow and purposeful meaning they can fire even the multi melta when they come in from their rerollable deep strike, they should have little trouble wasting a tank the turn they land. Are they fun: yes, are they competative: not for the points you pây, as this squad would come to 215 and can easily be decimated by 15 wounds on average, not hard to do.
    Ask me about the Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't use LotD but if i did i would take a min squad with a plasma cannon and maybe a plasma gun for a mobile firing platform it's only 175/195 points for the squad and you can back up and fire the plasma cannon trying to stay out of shooting/assault range. They aren't that affective but i think they are a fun unit but not competitive when you could be taking dreads/sternguard/terminators instead.

UnderWater Ninja-Tiger .. Xpyre35's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x3)

I haven't played in a game with a points cap higher than 2000, yet. In order for me to comfortably field them, It would probably have to jump to 2750 or 3k. As they are quite expensive and I'd still like to bring in a land raider and some terminators, before I brought these guys in. They are an oddly specialized unit, and for me that clashes with my balanced and cohesive army list and gameplay. (friendly non-tourney player).

I would like to run a test match with a list built around them and see how it goes. Their fluffed like a support unit, however it seems they would play like a spearhead unit. I'd have to try them out, to be sure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

When I use LoTD I go with melta, multi-melta. Then they can deep strike and fire both weapons, tank hunters essentially. But thats only in 1850 and above games as LoTD are incredibly expensive both money and points wise.

That's all I have for now...

+ Reply to Thread