Infantry Squad Special/Heavy Weapons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Infantry Squad Special/Heavy Weapons

In my infantry squads, I want the special weapons to be flamers...don't ask me why, I just like FIRE. What heavy weapon would go good with flamers?

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

If you want flamers i wouldn't take any heavy weapons. Just blob up your units to 40-50 guys all sarges with power weapons and possibly melta bombs. Then stick a power weapon melta bomb commissar in there and you're good to go.

Or just grab some chimera vets with 3 flamers and stick a heavy flamer on the chimera; that would probobly be a better idea.

The Emperor Protects
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Currans View Post
    In my infantry squads, I want the special weapons to be flamers...don't ask me why, I just like FIRE. What heavy weapon would go good with flamers?
    A good heavy weapon for a flamer toting infantry squad? I'd go with a Commissar!

Give that commissar a powerweapon, and BAM! You've got a unit that might actually survive two turns of intense 40K, and may even kill a marine or two in the process!

If you do end up taking commissars, however, I would tend to shy away from giving power weapons to your sergeants - my commissars tend to be quite trigger happy, and the sergeant probably won't get to swing away with with his power umbrella/scissors/kitchen sink for as long as he might otherwise like.

But in all honesty, a bare bones squad with a flamer is always a good buy. Cheap (very!), able to annoy opponents, can hold objectives, and in kill point missons? Just amoeba up like a good chap, there you are, all better. Lol.

Flamer squads like to be on the move, and if you want to fully enjoy those "run, you bastards" and "shoot that lasgun like it's your mother in law's birthday party" orders, then yeah, I'd skip taking a heavy weapon.
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Flamers on foot have a tough time reaching anything, I'd mount them in something. PCS, Vets or SWS with flamers can hop in Valks or Chimeras and give people a warm, fuzzy feeling anywhere.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Use whatever heavy weapons you want and keep flamers in reserve for counterattacks. It makes for a nice speedbump strategy and you don't need Chimerae if the enemy comes to you.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Got to go with the other guys here. Don;t both with Heavy weapons in these squads. Have them run forward, preferably in cover and just sit there.

Avoid getting multiple charged and let your opponent deal with one unit at a time. When he charges and kills one squad he has to take the Flamers from the surviving squads. That and FRFSRF can realy hurt anything. If it's a KP game then consider Commi's but i'd rather not Blob them with a commissar as it could have the horrendous result of my guardsmen staying around and dying in my turn, leaving him free to charge another squad.

I'd take another Platoon as well and give these G-Launchers and Autocannon/M-Launchers to provide a static fire base and to hold some home objectives.

+ Reply to Thread