Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
1. When you take the Grenadiers doctrine, where it says you may take 0 - 3 ST squads as troop choices, does that mean i can fill 3 troop choices with 3 ST squads? (a gamesworkshop guy said yes, but i wanted your opinions)
2. Also, am I allowed to take conscripts because i filled those 3 TC or does it have to be a normal platoon?
3. I dont see whats so good about flamers, I find them useless as the IG totally suck in CC and should avoid CC like the plauge (personal opinion though)
4. Is there any easy way to convert the HQ officer with little/none green stuff? The way the officers arms are positioned makes it nearly impossible for me to find any way without green stuff to make it look like he's carrying a plasma gun or Storm bolter...
5. Do you think I should spend the time converting the officers and seargents regular weapons (weapons already there)? I know 1 less shot (or more depending on the # of squad you have)in the shooting phase isnt much, but I'ed prefer all my men to be in unison.
1. YES, but i wouldnt tho, Ig relies on numbers!!!! remember that
2. from the codex you probably dont have yet3. woop-dee-dooYou may include up to one Conscript Platoon for each normal Infantry Platoon in your army.
4. I made my Senior officer out of Sm legs, and normal plastic cadian body and arms. then i added SM shoulder pads and gave him a power sword and a bolt pistol. Dont use the crappy metal one in that box.
5. i dont get what your asking.
<img src='http://www.leadlegions.com/WAR/WHMR/ca.jpg' border='0' alt='user posted image' />"Only in death does duty end."
<a href='http://www.ufoarmy.com' target='_blank'>UFOarmy</a>
What I was asking was is it worth the effort and time to convert my metal officers and sargents to long range weapons (not CC weps and pistols) or will the few shots that i miss from taking CC weps and pistols not be felt?
Id keep the pistol and play it as a storm bolter, or if youre going to convert it, convert it from a bolt pistol to a stormbolter.
Your Sgt's will have to be vets to use a stormbolter, but I think its worth the few points to upgrade. And since their using the stormbolter, they might as well have a CC weapon in the other hand.
I am the Aquila-Guerilla!
You do realize it will cost a sergeant 11 points for a storm bolter (6 to vet, 5 for weapon)? That can get you a heavy bolter, a plasma gun, a company standard, a medic, etc. And all of those upgrades beats a storm bolter any day.
<a href='http://generalnukeem.hwcommunity.com' target='_blank'><img src='http://generalnukeem.hwcommunity.com/revalation346x173.jpg' border='0' alt='user posted image' /></a>
i very much agree with you General. upgrading a sarge to just get a storm bolter is fubar. if a IG army wants to win, it has to treat every point as if it was a gift from the emperor himself.
as for the "point of flamer is guard squads" question: true, in a perfect world IG would never get into CC and would blast everyone away with superior firepower. however, in the real (pretend) world of 40k, this is not the case. IG end up in CC. period. it happens.
the flamer has one *major* advantage, you don't roll to hit.
the flamer has other advantages, you ignore cover, it's assult, it's cheap, it's very effective in numbers of 3 or 4, and it's VERY effective against anyone with armor 5!!! (aka orks, nids, eldar, gaurd)
would i put flamers in my line squads... no. would i put flamers in my armored fists, command squads, anything deepstriking, anything mobil, sentinels, etc YES. but it really help to know who you're going up against.
oh and, hellhounds rock.
Flamers can be good if you group them. A group of two or three can put an end to an assault pretty quick if you can time a counter-advance correctly.
<a href='http://gallery.librarium-online.com/Tyranids/aan' target='_blank'>Orange & Black Nids</a>
<a href='http://gallery.librarium-online.com/Imperial-Guards/afh' target='_blank'>Cadain 8th</a>
<a href='http://gallery.librarium-online.com/Imperial-Guards/afi' target='_blank'>8th Officer</a>
Hey guys, thanks. It looks like those hours used to make my flamer guys didnt go to waste afterall (i was thinking of trashing the flamer arm for a GL)
I use vets, chimera mounted, with two flamers and a GL.
The chimera has an heavy flamer also, i disembark the vets on one side of the chimera, the two flamers forward, then its barbecue party for all.
My line squads are equipped with heavy bolters, i agree flamers are better used with mobile squads or vehicles.